Knife mounting on inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveandclimb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a small (6" total length) knife and EMT shears that I dive with. I keep the shears in the pocket my BC (Sea Elite Tek-X) has on the front of the waist strap and I think I want to zip tie my knife on to my inflator hose. Up until recently I have been using a rental BC so I have been strapping the knife on to my calf but I feel that this might pose a risk of entaglement. I have seen people with a small knife on their inflator hose before and I figure this could be a good way to go. My question is are there any suggestions people have for different/better knife placements on the BC and if I do go with the inflator hose how should I orient the knife on it. Thanks.

I have an extra hose protector piece that normally is at the first stage so the hoses do not kink or bend too much. I placed it at the guage end of the hose and used cable ties to attach the knife sheath to hose protector with handle facing guages.

I have a BC knife attached to my inflator hose with velcro straps. Even with my Octo inflator a small BC knife isn't in the way and it is a handy location. That said use care when removing or inserting the knife into it's sheath.

I mounted mine to the waiststrap/cumberbund. Easily accessable with either hand. Mounting on the inflator seems awkward to me if I need to grab the knife with my left hand.

I mounted mine to the waiststrap/cumberbund. Easily accessable with either hand. Mounting on the inflator seems awkward to me if I need to grab the knife with my left hand.
That's what I was worried about. I'll try the waist strap.

I have an extra hose protector piece that normally is at the first stage so the hoses do not kink or bend too much. I placed it at the guage end of the hose and used cable ties to attach the knife sheath to hose protector with handle facing guages.
I rent most of my gear, just not my BC, so attaching to the gauges is not possible for me.

When I freedive, I velcro strap an Omer Laser USA Team knife to my left forearm.

Pretty much anywhere other than your calf is probably going to be an improvement both in terms of accesibility and entanglement risk - so long as you can get to it with either hand

I have a Wenoka EZ Lock and mounted it upside down to the right side buckle on my Sherwood Avid BC with small stainless steel nuts and bolts. It works exceptionally well, readily available, easy to re-sheath, but lays flat and out of the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom