Knife question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Mares Dragon and I am looking to mount a knife somewhere on the pocket. I don't believe there are holes in the outside of the pocket to accomodate, without cuting my own hole. Is there a certain place on this BC where a knife is designed to go?

Two things.
If you plan on making your holes....use a hot wire to do it and use a wire smaller than you need as the material will continue to slightly melt after you have removed the wire. If you use a wire the size of your grommet....you will end up with a big hole.

Or, you could try what I am going to try on my next trip. I am going to mount my knife to the corrogated hose with electric ties. Now I have a long one so that is not a problem...if yours is very short like some like them....that could be a problem. The good news with this method, if you dont like it, cut the ties and try somewhere else...no holes.

Here is another possible solution. There are many knives on the market which come with little adapters to attach the knife to various places. an example would be any low or high pressure hose. So rather than zip ties you could attach it to your inflator low pressure hose.

I would be very cautious about poking your $500 bc with a hot wire? I can tell you for sure, damage done by hot wire poking it isn't covered by warranty. :)

Back
Top Bottom