Knife Recommendation Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's for your dad?? I'd splurge and get him the Boker Orca!! Slick looking knife and my Boker AK-47 has been through just about everything with me and is still just like new!! You can get a pretty good deal on one through smokey mountain but you can fell better about buying one after checking out Boker's website.

My favorite knife
Halcyon mini titanium knife
10-knife01-1.jpg

Just remember that knives are one of the the most common items lost.

If your dad dives a lot he will loose knives pretty often. (at least the strap on kind). I use a large micro-serrated kitchen knife cut in half and placed in a homemade holster strapped to my inner thigh. It's larger than the DIR type but fishing nets and anchor line are a bit tougher than cave line.

If your dad is a knife guy I would suggests getting him the above mentioned Navy knife as a collectible and for diving a bunch of disposable EMT shears.

That knife is a great piece of history and the shears are a great piece of dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom