Know one of these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostdiver1957:
Yeah.. you can always tell an idiot.

talking with a fellow from Canada (this should explain everything.)
Why is that?

ghostdiver1957:
He really got me when he explained to me that he had recently penetrated the Titanic. I asked him if he had gotten a new camera for this trip and he said he had... I asked what kind and he showed me this beautiful $14.99 Underwater Walmart Camera... said it was the same kind he had taken to the Titanic!

With as straight a face as I could keep I told him I had the same problem with mine on the Titanic... my pics didn't turn out either. I couldn't get back to my room fast enough before I burst out laughing so hard I was snorting and crying. It took me five minutes to recover to the point I could re-tell the story to the Captain... Keep an eye on that guy I told him...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :uptosome: :frlol: :pirate:

I love these stories. First, they're really funny, second, reminds me who I NEVER want to become. :)

But then, I can't tell a story as well as some of the morons you folks are talking about.

Fish_Whisperer:
LMAO, Ghost!

Some poseur was trying to tell me that he was a Green Beret. I pretended to be hard of hearing and said, "WHAT? You're a "Creme Brulee" you say?!" Then I burst out laughing right in his face. Terminally frustrated, he made a quick retreat and exit. LOL

LMAO! "Creme Brulee" This thread is a classic, just classic...lol

Yeah. yeah,,,, after I dove the Titanic with only an AL80 and a 3mm shorty I came up and had some Creme Brulee with a Green Beret...

This thread has been great so far, thanks for the laughs. Sometimes real life is funnier than fiction.

dherbman:
Ever notice it's the people that have no real confidence/skill that are typically most offended by those who do? Rather than build a skill, it's easier to nullify its importance by degrading those that have it.

I've seen people tag DIR with the CULT label, invalidating anything that comes from the philosphy which might bring their skills into question.

Just my observation, fire away.

Not that I am the best at everything, but I do get tired of people putting in their 2 cents into everything (even if they do know everything) - how about those who talk about what they truly know not those who talk without knowing... Don't want any advices without first soliciting them... (Yeah, I'll agree that some things are important - " Hey, dude, you need that weight belt underwater!", but stuff like "I clip my pony/fins/spg here because it is better or safer" or "This gear config. is the best out there; fin this way instead of that way" - they annoy me...

PAdiver93:
Not that I am the best at everything, but I do get tired of people putting in their 2 cents into everything (even if they do know everything) - how about those who talk about what they truly know not those who talk without knowing... Don't want any advices without first soliciting them... (Yeah, I'll agree that some things are important - " Hey, dude, you need that weight belt underwater!", but stuff like "I clip my pony/fins/spg here because it is better or safer" or "This gear config. is the best out there; fin this way instead of that way" - they annoy me...

What a great way to discover new ideas! I'll bet you are a hoot to be around.

Randy43068:
What a great way to discover new ideas! I'll bet you are a hoot to be around.

Actually I am... People that I DON'T know shouldn't say anything unless asked (how would one know whether he is receiving advice from a qualified source or from an unqualified one?)

Thus, no advice unless asked works best (obviously the rule is diregarded when in a circle of friends)...

MMMM... circle of friends - does that create a circle of trust??? :wink:

PAdiver93:
Actually I am... People that I DON'T know shouldn't say anything unless asked (how would one know whether he is receiving advice from a qualified source or from an unqualified one?)

Thus, no advice unless asked works best (obviously the rule is diregarded when in a circle of friends)...

MMMM... circle of friends - does that create a circle of trust??? :wink:

what you're saying. Initially, it sounded quite arrogant. However, I'd think you would be able to sort the grain from the chaff as they say without much problem.

END OF HIJACK... I promise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom