Koh Chang - Aladdin dive center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Does anyone know Aladdin dive center in koh Chang (near Ranong)?
How is their liveaboard and the crew?
How is the island itself? We thought to stay few days before or after the liveaboard, so still don't know where and looking for something quiet and low budget.
How is Koh Phi Phi these days? Are there any bungalows for rent there or not yet?

Thanks!

Hi Shiri. I don't know about Aladdin but I just got back from trip to Koh Chang and I did a bit of diving while there. I took my Advanced Open Water course with "O.K. Divers" and I have to say they're much better than just 'okay'. They were great!

One of the dive masters is Paul Cryne...he holds two world records in diving (I was told by other divemasters, not Paul) and regardless of that he's a really nice guy. He also has the distinction of being a marine park ranger, working for the king of thailand while wearing that hat.

There are bungalows all over the island of Koh Chang...though we had some trouble finding a place that wasn't full. Best advice, show up early in the day to get yourself a room. we paid around $17 a night for a nice bungalow near the dive shop. You can pay more or less depending on what's available and what you want.

The island is nice and relaxing. Not crowded. I think there are around 16 dive shops on the island and a lot of them share the same boats so each day we went out there were people from 2-3 different shops onboard.

How's the diving and visability(# meters??) on/around Ko Chang? Hear it's not that great and viz maybe bad? How's the weather/season in february?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom