Koh Tao Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Koh Tao the week before Xmas for about 5 days of diving. I did my advanced open water course there 3 yrs ago at Planet Scuba. I thought everyone was very cool and they ran a professional operation. I havn't dived in about 2 yrs and will need to rent equipment as well.

I know there are so many different shops out there with lots of competition. Just wanted to see if Planet Scuba is still highly recommended or should I use someone else?

Also, for that short of a time what are the must see dive sites?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm down there quite often and do all my diving with Crystal Dive resort. No complaints about their professionalism and service here.

Best two sites on Tao are arguably Chumphon pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacles. Saying that I havent had the chance to dive round the east coast so there could be better stuff there. If you get a chance to go to Sail Rock do it as thats an awesome dive site.

More info on Tao dive sites here:
http://www.asiadivesite.com/thailand-dive-sites/koh-tao/

enjoy!

I heard that Koh Tao got hit with some major flooding. You know anything about that?

thrilla:
I heard that Koh Tao got hit with some major flooding. You know anything about that?

This is true for the current time, its their monsoon season. I was due to go down there last week (25-27 Nov) but called a friend on the island who told me not to bother as the weather was bad and most of the dive sites were closed.

Weather should improve by the end of December, maybe earlier.

thrilla:
I was there about a month ago and saw lots of sand bags lying around but nothing looked too badly damaged.
I stayed with and dove with Coral Grand. The treasure room rates were very reasonable and the operation was first rate. I intend to go back there soon.

Back
Top Bottom