Koh Tao in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With climate change the distinct seasons on Koh Tao no longer exist. Diving is what you made it, I’ve been diving over 45 years starting in the Caribbean and still find Koh Tao interesting. See here, from June. I travel to Thailand as its half to price of Florida, Central America or the Caribbean islands.
What are you talking about...climate change or no climate change, there are still definitely diving seasons in Thailand, and all through out SE Asia. And you're really wasting your travel/diving dollar if you're going all the way to Koh Tao from the States for diving. The nearby Philippines and Indonesia is even cheaper and world class.

What are you talking about...climate change or no climate change, there are still definitely diving seasons in Thailand, and all through out SE Asia. And your really wasting your travel/diving dollar if you're going all the way to Koh Tao from the States for diving. Why not try the Philippines or Indonesia, where the diving is even cheaper and world class.
LOL!!!]
What are you doing in Phuket then?
Working in a small locally owned business?
Koh Tao is far better than any local dive sites around Phuket. Period.
Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock are head and shoulder above any dive sites you can think of from Phuket.

Need hotel Rec; I am absolutely going to Koh Tao in February, recommendations for place to stay, least expensive beach with scuba or snorkel?

Need hotel Rec; I am absolutely going to Koh Tao in February, recommendations for place to stay, least expensive beach with scuba or snorkel?
Low season so plenty of choices at reduced rate.
I always stay at Mae Haad and have no problem with Master Divers

Shark Bay or Emerald Bay for snorkeling... plenty of cheap accomodation all around the island.

What are you talking about...climate change or no climate change, there are still definitely diving seasons in Thailand, and all through out SE Asia. And you're really wasting your travel/diving dollar if you're going all the way to Koh Tao from the States for diving. The nearby Philippines and Indonesia is even cheaper and world class.
Well I travel from the U.K. and have been Jan, Feb, Apr, Jun, Oct, Nov and Dec. The worst time was Apr when it was so bad the ferries stopped for 5 days. on every other trip diving was available every day.

1. Who is travelling from the States? LOL. Look it up where Alexandria is! BTW, it is NOT in Egypt.
2. There were a lot of tourists from all over the world came to Koh Tao for diving when ever I went there. Because diving in Koh Tao is simply better than Phuket.
3. Diving in Indonesia and Philippines(with probably one exception) is NOT cheaper than Kho Tao!

Well I travel from the U.K. and have been Jan, Feb, Apr, Jun, Oct, Nov and Dec. The worst time was Apr when it was so bad the ferries stopped for 5 days. on every other trip diving was available every day.
Diving may be "available" but it doesn't mean conditions (above and/or below) water are ideal. And as you found out, there can be major vacation/trip interruptions at certain times of year. October through May is the "low" season in the Gulf of Thailand, when it's often windy and rainy, with high waves as well.

Diving may be "available" but it doesn't mean conditions (above and/or below) water are ideal. And as you found out, there can be major vacation/trip interruptions at certain times of year. October through May is the "low" season in the Gulf of Thailand, when it's often windy and rainy, with high waves as well.
LOL.
You are trying to tell @Edward3c about diving condition in Koh Tao!!! The gentleman probably has been to Koh Tao more than you can imagine. Did you not notice that he has been to Koh Tao nearly the whole yr round. He certainly does not need any reminder from any loser.

Do not limit yourself to Lembeh only.
Bangka could be more interesting.
Bunaken is another option.
Two centres.

If you want "culture" then this place is far more interesting:

We actually dove Bunaken and Bangka last year - so this year we will do Lembah and something else we haven't done before- not sure what yet though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom