Komodo in November on the Adelaar - Trip report and dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surgeonfish1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After some research on Scubaboard our group of 6 divers decided to go to Komodo in November.
We flew in to Bali and had some time to get used to the timezone and the temperatures. The Adelaar did one stop on the way to Komodo and cruised two nights, which were surprisingly good because of the iron hull compared to some other wooden livaboards we were on in the past. The Adelaar is a high end ship with beautiful cabins and excellent facilities for outside dining. The crew was very attentive and the food was really amazing.
The dive sites in Komodo were absolutely mindblowing and thanks to our cruise director Foued we were always at the right time on the right place.
The only busy divesites where we have seen other boats and divers were Makassar and Castle Rock, which is a little be damaged from too many divers.
I think Komodo is really world class, but I would recommend avoiding the crowds in high season.
The video I took is the last with my GH4. I will upgrade soon to the GH5 :)

Last edited:
Wonderful video , thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Heading there in a couple of weeks! Thanks for the report.

Very nice, thanks for posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom