Komodo with SMY Mangguana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report Wisnu! How is the quality of dive equipment on this boat? And the dingy actually used to dive ? Thanks

70 LOB's? Wow. Do the sites ever get crowded?

Our recent trip (Solomons) saw only one other LOB and that was in passing.

Thanks Pearlman,
We had our own gears. Didn't bother to check their equipment. Two other guess used rental gear and seem no complain.
they used small boat (cap. 10 pax) to go to dive site, the similar boat they use for guess transfer to/from Labuan bajo.

Hi Wisnu
I read many bad reports on tripadvisor about bedbugs, cockroaches and rats on board and smelly toilets. Can you confirm if this LOB is free from these problems ? I am about to book a trip but I am worried from the reports.

Also, although you had your own gear - did you spot any big name brands on the LOB gear - like AquaLung etc or were they unknown brands. Did it look new or worn out?

Thanks
Pearlman

Pearlman,
We didn't see rats on board, no bedbugs (my wife skin is sensitive, she surely would complain if there was bedbugs). but saw few cockroaches from the shower sink hole, and killed one :D
The toilet in our room was reasonably clean and not smelly. We had the master bed room with big glass window, plenty of sunlight.
Please note, our trip was more than 2 years ago.

For the gear, sorry, I can't recall; but didnt notice anything uncommon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom