Kona Manta ray night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to sign up for the nightly Kona manta reports , through www.mantapacific.org . Once you are on the Manta report email list, you will get nightly updates on how many Mantas are seen and where. You could almost plan your trip around it 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the dives at the sheraton are not as good as the dives at Garden Eel Cove (less life, less mantas, rubble bottom, etc). All the dive operators I know leave from Honokohau Harbor and go north to GEC…

2 good experiences, one not worth it (All with Jack's). The two good ones were at Garden Eel--lots of mantas, close up, not too crowded. Last trip they hadn't been showing up at Garden Eel so we were at Sheraton. All the moorings were full (some with two boats per mooring), plus a couple more boats. Rubble bottom, urchins, surge, crowded, and only 2 or 3 mantas. I actually cut my dive early--I'd been diving all day and it just wasn't worth it, since I'd been spoiled with my prior Manta dives. My dusk dive at Sheraton was decent, better than the dusk dives at Garden Eel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom