KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you referring to me?? :D
BTW, wear a lot of undies for next weeks dive. Found out the hard way that 54 isn't THAT warm.

Yes,

and thanks for reminding me to put the fleese in the scuba van. I was ok in street clothes a couple of weeks ago at 56 degrees, except my arms got a little cold. I hope Phil gets my recent order filled and shipped before the 1st.

Water temp at HP was 54. I tried it with just 100g thinsulate and it didn't work. Put on the t100 and the thinsulate and was toasty. Probably could have done it with just the t100 but wasn't interested at that point.

AT&T Information & Alerts
Internet Outage Information

Published: 12/4/07, 11:02 AM EDT

If you are having issues connecting to the Internet, we have recently resolved a network outage, but are continuing to receive very high call volume. Wait times in the DSL Help Desk are currently in excess of 30 minutes. Please do not press the reset button on your modem or router; however, if you are unable to connect, it will be necessary to unplug your modem or router for 10 seconds and then plug the power back in. Then restart your PC to restore your internet service.

Excuse me people!!! If my internet service is down; how in the heck am I supposed to see this message on my home page???:confused:

Work or your public library?? I do agree that we rely wayyy too much on the internet.

I made an online order and got notice that part of it had shipped. I sent an email to the customer service wanting to know when I might get the rest of the order. I got the rest of the order yesterday and the email reply today.

I have no idea where a library is located, nor would I be likely to use their systems. My work blocks e-mail activity so I don't even bother checking my home page there. SB not blocked yet and works though! Drive to a Starbucks and steal a connection? Nah, I'm not that addicted to the internet.

My procedure for "Page not found,"
1. Check ip address assigned by dhcp, repair if needed.
2. Reboot router, modem and computer.
3. When all else fails, grab another drink and watch some tv!

You don't know where you local library is?? I won't tell Glenda...nor Deena!! :D

Water temp at HP was 54. I tried it with just 100g thinsulate and it didn't work. Put on the t100 and the thinsulate and was toasty. Probably could have done it with just the t100 but wasn't interested at that point.
Wally, have you dove HP in your doubles?

I'd like to know what your 'technique' is for getting OUT!!!!:D

You want to hear crazy? I dove Mermet last weekend in my drysuit & heavy thermals (650gm). I had to dive in single AL 80's because my doubles are waiting to be filled with Nitrox (the shop is waiting on some O2 tanks to be delivered). Anyway I had to pack on a stinkin' 50lbs of lead to get down:11: (30lbs in my BC & 20 lbs in my weight harness). Even at 46lbs, I would pop up when my tank hit 900 PSI. I will say I was quite comfortable though. Never did even begin to get cold which is a first for me:D. I like warm & toasty, who cares if I'm so bulky I can't move? :rofl3:The Temps at Mermet were about 51 degrees F. I feel for my buddy though, he was diving wet.

I also got to try out my new Datamask. I had a few very minor issues with it, but overall, it's quite awesome!:14:

Wally, have you dove HP in your doubles?

I'd like to know what your 'technique' is for getting OUT!!!!:D

Chris and I both dove our doubles for the Dive & Dine. Not sure how Chris got out. I took my fins off and handed them up, then floated face down all the way up the ramp that I could. Then crawled out. Chris had to help me up.
I sent an email to HP about the ramp but no reply. The more that complain the more chance that it will get fixed. If nothing else HP is good for a buoyancy test. If all else fails I might buy a plastic barrel to put under the end.

Sounds like the same technique I used, only mine was punctuated with fits of laughter and I left my fins on. I figured I wasn't going to be walking, why take them off? :))

Even Erparamedic, who was in a single tank had issues with that ramp!! She removed her bc, tank and fins and walked up, but still, you gotta walk QUICK or that ramp will try to touch the bottom!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom