Kudos! Blue Angel Dive Resort & Dive Shop - We will return!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, BA offers everything I need in a resort. Kayaks, can use the DM's bikes, shore diving at your doorstep, dock, great restaurant, good entertainment in the evenings, happy hour on site, walking distance to town (a bit far but ok for me), and oh that view, that is the bomb.

blue steal: Check out Scuba Club Cozumel. It is right up there with BA for being a great dive resort. I think SCC is bigger than BA so they may still have room. We will be there the 2nd week of November for our 5th trip. Sorry we will miss you

Betty

---------- Post added April 27th, 2013 at 09:55 PM ----------

Does anyone know if whale shark, mantas, or the turtle population is more present during a specific time of the year in Cozumel? (someone mentioned this during our stay).

Whale sharks can be seen June-Sept(ish) off Isla Mujeres and Holbox. They're both full day trips from Cozumel. The turtles are always around. Mantas are not seen in Coz, but eagle rays are. They can be seen year round if you're lucky, but the "season", when they're plentiful and big groups of them can be seen together at some sites, is from about Dec-March.

Thanks! kmurray. I briefly hopped to Isla Mujeres' "official" page, and now I am wondering, is that location potentially a trip in & of itself? Or, not? Thanks for the info.

And blue steal, I agree, they did offer everything we needed or desired.

Last edited:
SCC has the view but I doubt BA can pick up there since SCC expects you to dive with them so if you want to dive with BA Hotel Coz may work for you & it has a few ocean view rooms on the south end of the 3rd floor which may be close in meeting "that view" you're looking for. A bit closer to town & BA picks me up there right around 8:15AM.

Just got back from my first trip to Cozumel (and my first scuba trip.) Stayed at Blue Angel and I thought it was fantastic. It's good to see that most people agree, because I was worried as a new diver, I might be easily impressed by any half-assed dive resort. Will be going back and will be staying at the Blue Angel again.

And regarding the sharptail eel, I saw one while shore diving and I too thought it was a sea snake. Thanks for the info ggunn

Swimming with the whale sharks is an incredible experience. When I did that from Holbox, we saw beaucoup mantas as well. I did not see them on the trip from Isla Mujeres but that could have good explanations. Personally I would not go to Mujeres for a week since the diving is likely far inferior to Cozumel.

We're heading to BA in July for our honeymoon and are staying 10 nights. We need to get a dive schedule together to give to them and we're trying to figure out how many days of shore diving vs boat diving we should do. I would mind sleeping in a little bit a couple days and just grab tanks and head out when we feel like it. I wasn't sure if the shore diving was worth missing out on a boat dive though.

Edit - we're also going to take a day and see the whale sharks in Isla Mujeres

Back
Top Bottom