Kudos to Rush Limbaugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if you think I'm wrong (as though you needed any encouragement from me :wink: ), but it seemed as though Dr. Bill objected to others posting opposing views to his, and as OP, he wanted the control to say who that was.

At least in this thread, the OP doesn't seem to be trying to shut the opposing side down through MOD intervention.

Which is more tolerant? I'll leave that to the readers to decide.
I don't know. To me it looked like a lot of people screaming abuse at Al Gore in the other thread, and saying how much he didn't deserve it.

That hasn't happened here.

I actually don't know for sure what this guy said or not, although it's clear that there's an ongoing argument about that. The earlier posted transcript seems reasonably clear, but yeah....I didn't hear it in full context so don't really know myself.

Does he deserve kudos for turning whatever it was into something that'll do good for some other folks? Hell yeah... I said that already a few times.

Should this thread continue to be used as some kind of political "prove my point"?

Depends where you want the future of the board to go. This thread is divisive. If starting a thread about a Nobel peace prize is political and divisive, then there's no doubt about that. Given that it's the OP of this thread that pointed that out to start with......IMO it's also extremely hypocritical, and even MORE divisive that he hasn't done the obvious thing when the other thread was closed, and had this one closed as well.

Remove the middle ground and you force people to take sides. That's EXACTLY what this thread has done.

But hey....if that's how we want SB to be.........

nq071019.gif

Bry, you nailed IT !

Kim, another raspberry for you :D
one more raspberry and you get the wave-smil :mrcool:

Why? This was Rush's idea, why would they want to join his publicity stunt. They were the ones that signed the letter giving it value. Rush is the one that's donating $2,000,000, he doesn't need them. GO Ru$h

I'll wait and see if has to pay, if the bidder defaults then he doesn't have to match anything.

and trying to censure a private citizen on the floor of the senate was not a publicity stunt? Give me a break. Dennis, did you know, you can't censure a private citizen?

Kim, another raspberry for you :D
one more raspberry and you get the wave-smil :mrcool:
Good Morning David...... still working at it?

It's my bed-time - catch you later :wink:

working it Kim, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

There was an open letter from 12 Army Captains in the Op Ed section of my local paper today saying lets get out of Iraq now. Don't know if it was published elsewhere. What a great idea these guys had!! Now Rush will call them cowards, them Dems will write a letter, he can auction it off and raise more money for the troops. If we keep this up we could fund the war entirely by contributions from the Rush Limbaugh fan club.

Rush constantly makes these leftys look like fools. Over $2,000,000 for evidence that they tried to deprive him of his civil rights.

There was an open letter from 5 Army Captains in the Op Ed section of my local paper today saying lets get out of Iraq now. Don't know if it was published elsewhere. What a great idea these guys had!! Now Rush will call them cowards, them Dems will write a letter, he can auction it off and raise more money for the troops. If we keep this up we could fund the war entirely by contributions from the Rush Limbaugh fan club.

please post it, some may want to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom