L&M Housing for Sony 550 versus 520

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cbrazarq

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To all

Can anyone give me an opinion.
I´m going to buy a Stingray G2+ and have some doubts.
As the new Sony 550 has a wide angle inbuilt lense the Stingray G2+ (2010) for this video camera is not suitable to work with the 520.
But I don´t know if Sony will continue to produce this type of video cameras, and if not the housing might not be used with future video cameras.
Would it be preferable to by the Stingray G2+ (2009) for the sony 520 that don´t have wide angle?
Thanks

I think the new 2010 model Stingray + will work with the CX550. They have changed the front port and it's now a little larger than the 2009 model Stingray +. I'm not sure if the CX520 will work in the new 2010 Stingray + housing. I don't think it will. Just like the CX550 won't work in the 2009 model.

I have the 2009 Stingray + model with the CX520 and love it. I upgraded the handles to the "one touch" white balance and it works flawlessly. I actually like the 2009 Stingray + better than the 2010 model.

The first question here is are you talking about the CX series or XR series...that is not specified in the OP. It sounds like the XR series since you are discussing the new wide angle set up.

Both Canon and Sony have gone to wider lenses..that seems to be the future. I think going with a 2010 Stingray+ is the better option to go with.

Thank you all for your coments.
I dicide to buy de stingray + 2010

I will teste it this July in Sta Maria Island in the Azores

Then I will post my impressions of it

Paulo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom