L&M sola 1200 or ikelite pro-2800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stargost

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good video light.
Right now only shooting (HD) video with a P&S (Panasonic zs3), I'd like to add one light first to this set up, but eventually will move to a camcorder setup and likely add another light later too.

I like the pro-2800 way to attach to the (ikelite) bottom of the housing (look it'd be more stable but i might be wrong), as well as the claimed color Temp (not sure exactly about the sola 1200). It might last little longer too.
Note sure yet if the 500 charge cycles/75$ battery change is really a problem.

The sola is really small, and a little cheaper, and for some reason seems very popular with good feedback. If i'd be sure one sola 1200 would be good enough, it would be the first choice

Has any one been through this benchmark already and made a conclusion (possibly on another light?). For those who are using the sola(s), have you tried with only one ?

Thank you for any advice, recommendation or comment !

I've had my Sola 1200s for a month now and love them. I'm shooting with two. I was worried about the battery life since I may do 3-4 dives in a day. I've found that putting them on medium power and only turning them on when needed works fine. They are also very well constructed. Mine fell out of my vehicle when I pulled over. They were attached to my L&M housing. Other than cosmetic scratches and minor damage to the housing, they survived and function fine.

Back
Top Bottom