La Chef Bacon Lobster Sandwich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just had the lobster roll sandwich at the Lobster Shack for lunch today....it was the bomb!!

Maybe I am reading wrong - but just because it was posted here on SB at the same time doesn't mean it was prepared at the same time.

I'm not sure how you came up with them being made the same time?

Looks to me the difference between the two goes beyond just the bread.

To many other great options and not enough time on a vacation to risk another disappointing meal.

I want to hit the Lobster Shack place that the guy from Kinta opened. One of Kris' guys. That looks to be the lobster sandwich bomb at the moment.

Name? Location? ANYTHING?!?

Lobster shack is right next to Suites Bahia across from El Coffee. This is the Cozumel basket that had half rolls of shrimp, steak, and lobster.

2a15e771d0fc88b766c8bec8c16201d6.jpg

I've gotta agree with Paradise Hunter on this. After reading so many posts giving great praise to the La Chef Lobster and Bacon Sandwich, I just had to try it when I was in Coz in December. I went, got the sandwich, a triple decker on a home made wheat bread, it looked just like the first posted photo, and I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't go back to it again. The bacon and cheese overwhelmed any flavor of lobster, the wheat bread made the sandwich heavy and chewy. I guess I was expecting something closer to what Lobster Shack is now offering - a Caribbean version of the Maine Lobster Roll. Will definitely try Lobster Shack when I return. Sorry, La Chef.

Ate one 3 days ago. They are still amazing.

That said, the Lobster Shack makes a lobster burrito for $11USD That was delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is making my mouth water. My last day in Coz in March I finally made it to Le Chef to try the sandwich...and they hadn't gotten any lobster in that day. I still had a lovely meal, but I've had a serious craving ever since.

OK... definitely have some places to hit this trip.... the Lobster shack roll's look awesome! PLUS... a lobster Burrito?? Umm...HELL YEAH! :D

Ok, so I came back to report my La Chef experience. I finally made it down there about 2 week ago. It was HOT and they didn't have the air on inside, so we took a table right on the corner where there was a breeze. We got to waive at people we knew driving by. I ordered the fabled Lobster Bacon Sandwich and split it with the missus.

IMG_4711.jpg

That is my half. I really enjoyed it. I mean it was just a sandwich, but the bread a touch of sweet to compliment the sweet of the lobster. The bacon added a nice crunch for texture. The creamy sauce keep it from being dry. Very tasty. I was thinking it might be a good bag lunch sandwich for a fishing day. It was pretty good. Not a MUST have, but very good.

The wife said 'meh.' She didn't need it again. Was just ok. She likes lobster, but doesn't love it like I.

So there you go. Two people same sandwich at the same time and a split decision which seems to be the common on the sandwich.

On the downside, the mosquitoes were kinda bad everywhere. The city started fogging. We are sitting there and all the sudden I hear the fogging truck and see it coming down 5th ave with a GIANT impenetrable cloud of insecticide fog obscuring everything behind it. I considered grabbing what was left of the the food, my drink and running for Melgar. Thanks to the city guys who saw us and killed the fogger a way up the street. I still covered the glass and tried not to breathe. It was blowing around like smoke so we still ate some, but it has not killed me yet.

I'm not a fan of the burritos at Lobster Shack. All that rice drowns the other ingredients. I am quite fond of their lobster rolls. They're not much like a New England one, but they don't need to be. Avocado goes really well with lobster, and they grill their lobster meat with cheese which is pretty darned tasty as well.

I've had the lobster bacon sandwich at Le Chef several times. It's usually pretty good, but if I get lobster in Cozumel it's much more likely to be a lobster roll from Lobster Shack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom