La Dianas Leap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deleted.

The dive site map I had showed La Dania's Leap in the wrong place. Sorry.

Last edited:
Bas,

There are a few pics pinned on google maps now. Does the location look right to you? Thanks

I do not think that's right. That location is much too far from the road and too far from Karpata.
The location of the site is marked on the west side of the road with an arrow pointing to the water.

Bas,

There are a few pics pinned on google maps now. Does the location look right to you? Thanks

Bas,

No, that's the wrong location. It is the one I used for post #4 and #12. The pin is at about Bloodlet or Ol' Blue.
Here is STINAPA's map, in that area:
upload_2018-1-6_14-28-43.png

#11 is Karpata, #2 is La Dania's Leap, #18 is 1000 Steps.
#14 is Bloodlet, #15 is Ol' Blue (Tolo).
Compare with the Google Earth image:
upload_2018-1-6_14-33-13.png
and compare with Google Maps Satellite View, which also has the wrong location on it:
upload_2018-1-6_14-39-54.png

Yeah, I figured the satellite view was off. thanks

If I remember correctly, there was a tiny yin yang symbol painted on the road marking the entrance.

There is, but that's so faded it's hard to tell it's even there. I only noticed when I looked at the pictures later...

Post from another thread about Ladania's Leap a couple of months ago, including pics of road entrance and actual entrance below

As this thread will be found by many investigating the La Dania's Leap site, a small update as per november 2017:

- The ying/yang symbol is barely visible, there is a pile of rocks next to the road. As per november 2017 somebody applied yellow spraypaint and an arrow on the road surface (see picture below).
- There's room for 2 cars
- It's a ~5 minute walk from Karpata
- Path to shore is well worn. Once you're at the shore, the entrance is to the right of the little bay.
- Depth at the jump is about 3m/10ft
- Jump is about half a meter/ 1.5 ft. Oil Slick Leap is a far bigger jump.

View attachment 433599
View attachment 433601

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom