La Paz dive shop: Cortez Club or Fun Baja?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chavala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've read good and bad about both these places. Does anyone have a comparison? Fun Baja is very close to where we're staying (Hyatt Place), but we'll have a car so probably no biggie to drive to Cortez Club. I'm looking for a place that caters to experienced divers and photographers. I'd prefer a larger boat with some shade, but not a cattleboat. I don't want anyone to tell me I have to come up with the first person who runs out of air in my "group", in fact I would rather not be with a group at all. Actually I would prefer to not to follow a DM around at all!
We only have 3-4 full days of diving (before we get on a liveaboard), so don't have time to shop around once we get there. We'll be there the weekend before Christmas (next week), so I expect it will be very busy -- do you think we need to make advance reservations and pre-pay for our dives? (I'd rather not, as this will be our vacation before the real diving starts).
Would welcome any advice! Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom