Ladies: Your Drysuit Base Layer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a good wicking base layer from skiing or similar, that would do nicely as as start. Then build on that. I have a crew neck wicking layer that I bought years ago from REI that does nicely in this dept. Then I wear a zip fleece or whatever I need on top of that, etc.

For colder water, it's a micro-fleece lined pair of cycling tights from my days of winter cycling in GA; regular cycling leggings if the water isn't so cold. Remember, you will be varying the layers depending on the water temp at depth.

Don't forget good socks! One or two layers, depending on how much room you need to take up in your drysuit booties. Again, wicking is preferable.

Frankly, you probably will have to change from/to "street clothes"; I haven't found anything that I really would want to be wearing outside a dive site.

Bonne chance,

i wear a short sleeved running top & granny panties & trouser socks. i look like an escapee from the mental ward, but whatevs.

I still consider myself a newbie, but I wear snowboarding Hot Chilis long underwear under my Whites MK2 jumpsuit. Works well for me and I just put jeans or sweats over the bottom to make street appropriate clothes. The top looks like a long sleeve shirt.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom