Lady Elan LX, Oceanic Isla, Seaquest Diva???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EarlyBird,

I dive with the SQ Libra. I LOVE IT. It is back inflation with alot of lift. If you are not used to the back inflation in your BC, it might take you a few dives to get used to it, use your trim pockets to help. I really enjoy the "clean" feeling of the front of the BC and the ease of getting streamlined u/w. Hope this helps, please remember that whatever you buy, be sure that it is comfortable and fits you well. Good luck to you.

ScubaLadee

ScubaLaDee

Thank you SO MUCH for your input....I too loved the feeling of nothing binding in front....they won't let me try it in the water, so I'll just have to buy as is.....I just wanted to hear if there were any people out there who hated it, or it was a bad design....it is the only one without that cumberband, (at least that I've seen) and I was wondering if that was maybe bad.

Thank you for your input...I think that I will go with the Libra.

Earlybird

If I keep my eyes closed, can I come in? I know, I know the icon has only one eye closed.

Barbara is not a fan of e-chat and so she just reads, very occasionally, what is written here. But she does dive--my very best buddy!--and has a SeaQuest Pro QD Diva--I think I got all the letters in--and absolutely loves it. She tried on lots of BC's (in the dressing room sans shirt but with appropriate (blush) undergarments. And it fit the best. She has used it for three years and the hot pink(/) color is faded a bit. But now everyone knows she is a pro!
If she wants a new BC, I think the LX looks very classy--and Santa is making out his list...but she will try it on first.

Okay, I'm outta here. Close the curtain behind me.

Joewr (the intruder)

I'm also thinking of buying a BC right now, and I'm in a small town in TX (not much choice)... My LDS has offered me a very good deal on a Sherwood Luna. It has Scuba Diving Magazine's Testor's Choice and Best Buy. It's the only women's model with their Best Buy award. Does anyone have this one? I like it but I'm so new to diving, I don't really know much. I just know his price is good, and it feels like it fits well. I'm well-endowed myself, and it doesn't have anything getting in the way. I would have to drive about 150 miles to try several different brands, and don't really want to have to do that.

I like the way the Diva QD hugs my body before getting in the water. It feels secure when I lift that tank on my back. I also like the way the integrated weights fit into place. My husband forgot our pockets and I had to use a weight belt during two dives. Not the same comfort, that's for sure! I've never had a problem with my weights slipping out. Mainly, it's the secure feeling before getting in the water and then again while diving.
Ask questions at the store and check out the adjustments on the BC.

I dive with the Diva QD and love it... the only change I would make is that I may someday get the Diva LX becuase it has more/sturdier D-rings. When lobstering season hits, I never have enough places to clip things. :)

One thing I particularly like about the Diva -- and something that not everyone seems to realize about it -- is that it is easily adjustable around the waist with a big safety-pin type clip to change the cumberbund size. (Mens' similar BCs require tools to adjust this way.)

Particularly if you are short waisted, it's a great BC, becuase it fits snugly and stays put in the water. No more having the shoulders of the BC floating up away from my shoulders!

Julie

I have worn the Diva QD for four years. I am 5'2" 112lbs. and it is perfect for my size. I have dove Michigan waters with a 7mm and Caribbean with a dive skin. I have never had a bit of trouble with the weight integrated system, but I do not use that much weight. The best thing to do is assess your body type and try on, try on and try on until you find the best one for you and your type of diving requirements.

Laine

My original BC was a Diva QD, and being on the small side, I did like the fit. Ultimately, though, when I started to dive dry, I switched to a Libra -- more lift, and I like the open chest area -- there is a sternum strap and a waist buckle, and that's it. The Libra is also easier to put on in the water. The first time I dove (okay, dived) the Libra in warm water, though, with my 3 mil suit, I felt a little naked. You might want to check out the Sea Quest website for comparative lift and fit charts...

http://www.sea-quest.com/pages/cat_bc.html

Hello Everyone -
After trying on a bunch of different BC's, I've finally decided upon the Diva LX. My only question is - the dive shop suggested putting 10 lbs (5 lbs in each pocket) in the non-ditchable pockets which are attached to the tank strap - does that sound reasonable? 10 lbs sounds like a lot of weight, but since it is a back-inflate, I guess it would make sense. Any one have any experience with this?
Also - I don't remember who posted the question (i'm sorry!), but I think the purpose of the sports-bra on the Divas are to take the place of the top chest strap (as seen on most men's BC's). That way your cummerbund strap isn't the only point of contact on your body.....make sense?!
Liz
:D

Back
Top Bottom