Lady Go Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokerswild

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever gone out with dixie divers? I think the boat name is Lady GODIVER(?) Myself and a few divers where planning on a Ft Laud area dive and their name came up on a search engine. Any thoughts?

I have gone with them twice and would use them again. They are very customer-service oriented.

My first trip with them, I ended up with the "buddy from h**l." At the end of the trip, I discussed my concerns with the captain. He listened and at the end, told me that he was sorry my first trip with them wasn't better. He then handed me a free pass for another trip.

The second trip was great! When I checked my gear, I found I had a leaking LP hose. They waited until I ran to the shop and replaced it.

http://www.ladygodiver.net/

Lady Go is a nice big boat. She runs when other boats stay at the dock :)
I used to go out on her all the time whn Capt Rob McBrayer ran her. About the only drawback is they have a fairly long idle speed to get to the inlet. The last I heard, the Cove Marina was still under construction and Lady Go was being docked on the north side of Hillsboro Blvd. (no longer next to the shop)

You won't go wrong.

I go out w/ them all the time..., still docked at the park on Hillsboro, big boat, kinda slow ride through the inlet, good crew....

How much does a 15mph east wind affect visibility? I can assume a bumpy ride out- but what about at the bottom? I have a group of novie divers making the trip from Tampa to Deerfield beach and I wanted to assure the group that the dive will be worth the drive. All input is appreciated. Thanks

jokerswild:
How much does a 15mph east wind affect visibility? I can assume a bumpy ride out- but what about at the bottom? I have a group of novie divers making the trip from Tampa to Deerfield beach and I wanted to assure the group that the dive will be worth the drive. All input is appreciated. Thanks
It could make the viz better by bringing in the blue water from further out in the ocean... or not. You can't predict viz. It will most certainly be nicer than the coral reefs in Tampa though :wink:

jokerswild:
Yeah viz should be better and water temp alot better than tampa waters. Any recent viz reports- within the last week or so? What can we expect if the capt doesn't call the trip?
2 days ago it was about 80 feet. (on the 3rd reef) - yesterday morning we heard it was the same. Yesterday afternoon we had about 50' of viz on the 3rd reef, and about 15' of viz from the beach. Who knows what it will be, but it's usually at least 40'... it totally depends and like I said, it's not predictable... it can change as fast as the currents or the weather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom