Lake Cleanup Event - Orlando Area - Calling all advanced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should rethink the AOW requirement. More important is the diving history of the diver. I know plenty of OW divers who could teach many DM's a thing or two about the underwater world.

Perhaps a review of the logbook (recent dives/ similar experience) would be more appropriate.

I think you would have a better turn-out if you can open it up this way.

If my calendar allows, I'll be happy to participate.

I agree. In addition to some OW divers being more than capable, there also may be some AOW divers who are not. A c-card is only a piece of plastic. What really counts is knowledge, ability, and experience.

Good morning everyone,

This is Fed's girlfriend and I finally signed up for scubaboard!

Thank you SO much for showing support. This is the very first time a group will be doing this in the City of Winter Park and i want this to go great so that we could continue doing it.

I am scheduling the event for the Saturday May 2nd. I am still getting the stats on each lake but I think we should cleanup Lake Osceola or lake Maitland. Lake Virginia would be an obvious choice but it would depend on City approval. Keep Winter Park Beautiful will provide food and prizes for the weirdest item found.

As per required experience, anyone with advanced experience is welcomed. That means, anyone with cavern, cave, & advance certifications. If you have OW certification and have done SEVERAL dives under the same lake conditions, then you can join us. I don't wanna turn people away but this program is sponsored by the City and they set the rules.

As Fed said, All divers will work in a buddy team. Must own a good bright light. Must own gloves.Divers will sign a waiver of liability before entering the water. Diver assumes any and all risks associated with this event.

Please call me to sign up 407-599-3364.

Thank you!

gaby :D

DANG! :(
That is the same weekend as the annual Fossiling in the Peace River. We do that every year...

Good morning everyone,

This is Fed's girlfriend and I finally signed up for scubaboard!

Thank you SO much for showing support. This is the very first time a group will be doing this in the City of Winter Park and i want this to go great so that we could continue doing it.

I am scheduling the event for the Saturday May 2nd. I am still getting the stats on each lake but I think we should cleanup Lake Osceola or lake Maitland. Lake Virginia would be an obvious choice but it would depend on City approval. Keep Winter Park Beautiful will provide food and prizes for the weirdest item found.

As per required experience, anyone with advanced experience is welcomed. That means, anyone with cavern, cave, & advance certifications. If you have OW certification and have done SEVERAL dives under the same lake conditions, then you can join us. I don't wanna turn people away but this program is sponsored by the City and they set the rules.

As Fed said, All divers will work in a buddy team. Must own a good bright light. Must own gloves.Divers will sign a waiver of liability before entering the water. Diver assumes any and all risks associated with this event.

Please call me to sign up 407-599-3364.

Thank you!

gaby :D

I think I can do this. I'll know for sure as we get closer to the actual day. :palmtree: Bob

Great! Any of those lakes are just around the corner from me. Post more details when you get them. I'm guessing the better half won't want to dive in our lake conditions, so if I'll be looking for a buddy.

Ken

What a great project. Any interest in helping out with a project like this in Lake County? I"ll be there too.

I will have to let you know when the date gets closer. I have a hard time committing to anything 4 days away, much less 4 months away...

What a great project. Any interest in helping out with a project like this in Lake County? I"ll be there too.

I am sure that if you started a ball rolling, that there would be divers willing to help out. It will all depend on timing though, like scheduling it on the same weekend of the Invasion for example.(That would prob be bad.)

I have gotten HUGE feedback. This is great!
I will keep everyone who has PM'd me and posted on this thread in the loop as I learn more.

Right now its looking like it may be Early May. I know that is still a few months out. As I learn more I will post here.

I'm in for Lake county, if you can find someone from the city to let us dive!

OOPssss. misread the date, thought it was March 2nd. May works so much better!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom