Lake Cleanup Event - Orlando Area - Calling all advanced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thing is turning out to be huge!

I WILL NEED A ESTIMATE NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS. Fire-rescue will be checking up on us in case in anything. If its too many people, the City might want to limit the amount of people going in.

As of right now, the City might closet boating for residents but there is the Winter Park scenic boat tour that goes around the lakes on the hour.

Here are some new information on the LAKES:

- Lake Virginia: It can be reach by shore through Rollins College. It also has, Dinky Dock for boat ramp but it has LIMITED PARKING.

- Lake Osceola: Easier to reach by boat. Groups who will clean here will need a boat and must leave from Dinky Dock. It can also be reached by a private entrace but that is still to be determined.

- Lake Maitland: By shore through Kraft azalea garden or by boat through the boat dock at Maitland. I am still talking with the City of maitland for permits.

- Lake Mizzell: The clearest water and the least amount of motor boat traffic. Can be reached by boat through Dinky Dock.

*** FOR THOSE BRINGING THEIR BOATS *** I need to know the type of boat and the Florida registration number in advance. That way we can exempt you from the City’s user fee for the day. If they already have a pass for their boat, then that is okay too.

the event is still scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd however time might vary. If we can retrict private boats, then the event will be from 9am - 12pm. If not then it will be from 7am - 10am.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to put a list of who going so far, on the first post.

Also, I am still in and my other half, will be along for surface support.

Its in May so they shoul be fairly warm by then.

They should warm up quicker since they are shallower. I have been wrong before though.

At the rate this winter is going, water temps in May are anybody's guess...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom