Lake Elmer Thomas - Near Ft. Sill OK.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Has anyone ever dove in Lake Elmer Thomas? I was there once last year. It is small and dark, but I was thinking of diving there on Sunday 5/28 if I can round up a buddy.

Thanks!

We dive at Elmer Thomas alot, We did our OW dives there last year. The last time my wife and I were at Elmer Thomas was for our Dry Suit class on April 23. The temp was 61 and vis was 10 to 15 feet. We always dive at the dam, weekends can be fun with Open water and specialty classes be conducted there. Since the lake is on the wildlife refuge the rangers open the gate to the dam at 9 AM.

I have dove at Elmer Thomas and it is a pretty good dive. One of the better dives for clarity in Oklahoma. The water tends to be on the cold side, especially below 60'. For some pretty detailed information on the lake and things to see while diving there you can check out www.lakediver.com and go to the map section, click on the state of Oklahoma and then click on the link for Elmer Thomas. There is a pretty detailed write up on the dive location there. Hope that helps!

LakeScubaDiver,

Thanks for the link. I really appreciate the information. Now all I have to do is find a buddy who is available on the 28th.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom