Lake Huron/Port Sanilac July 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did that once on a warm water boat. Thing is I even did the "fin on shuffle" to get from my seat to the platform. Could have SWORN I was wearing them when I got in, took me about 3 kicks to figure out something was wrong and actually had to LOOK to figure out why I wasn't getting any power....I think I was boat narced :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I forgot mine on a seated back roll entry. Realized I didn't have them when I was upside down and saw my fin-less feet between me and the sky......

The non-english speaking divemaster on the boat just waved at me and flapped his hands like fins laughing. To say the least, my buddy gave me a very hard time until a day later, he went in without his weight belt.

In Toby this year from the Joseph Simon, I did with my doubles on and an 80 cu ft stage bottle!!! Felt really stupid!!!

People are talking about the water temp this year seeming colder. Heard on the news that the water level in Lake Mich and Lake Huron came up 6" in June due to the amount of rain received. No wonder the water is not warming up!

Wind direction affects the temps, if we have strong winds from the east then they abate the water on the wrecks will be warmer and if the winds are out of the west it will be colder.

Wind direction affects the temps, if we have strong winds from the east then they abate the water on the wrecks will be warmer and if the winds are out of the west it will be colder.

People are talking about the water temp this year seeming colder. Heard on the news that the water level in Lake Mich and Lake Huron came up 6" in June due to the amount of rain received. No wonder the water is not warming up!

Hey Thanks for that information guys. Good stuff to know. :)

Over on the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan, the coldest water temps come after a big blow from the west. All the warm surface water ends up over in Michigan. The good news is that the cold stuff that replaces it is usually very clear. We always have the best vis. when the temps are the coldest......
I suspect Huron does the same thing. I'll be checking it out in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom