Lake Huron trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK. Usually by Nov. I have Innerspace's schedule for next yr. planned out. Let's think about a tenative schedule...

Feb. Springs
June North Carolina or Jacksonville, Fla.
Oct. P.C. Wreck Diving again.

Jim - Dawn and I would love to dive Huron. I will have my vacation schedule in the next week or so - but sometime in June or July sounds good to us. May is out cause we are going to be wreck diving the right coast of Florida that month. If we are able to go we will probably try to draw it out to two or three days of diving just because I hate to drive long distance then turn right around and come back.

it would be great if we can get schedules to work out. When we start getting closer to setting a date I'll contact the boat charter folks and see what can be arranged to get you an extra day or two.

I'll probably have to stick with the short trip since I want to go on several trips next year.

We dove the Sanilac Underwater Preserve in 1997. Dove the Regina (I aborted that one), Sport, Charles Price and Eliza Strong.

We went July 5-6 and the water at 70 feet was 41 degrees, 50 feet was 45 degrees and 27 feet was 50 degrees. Surface water was about 65 degrees. Although chilly we did the dives in 1/4 inch wetsuits. It wasn't too bad but we were only doing 20 minute dives. That's more than enough for the Eliza Strong (just a rubble field) but the Charles Price is a lake freighter (approx. 500 feet long) and you really need more time than that. The Sport is cool, it's a 57 foot steel-hulled tugboat sitting mostly upright. All the tools are still there since it's in a preserve and no collecting is allowed.

Ber :bunny:

close to the Mackinac Straits. We may be staying in St. Ignace(sp?) Wrecks like the Sandusky, Cedarville and some others I can't recall the names of at the moment are in that area. At this point in time I'm not sure of which wrecks we will dive. I hope to tailor that to the experience level of the divers we have going.

The Straits is one of the best preserves in the lower lakes. We dove with abyss dive charters out of Grand Rapids www.abyssdivecharters.com. Dan Block runs a great charter and offers discounts for paying early. We dove the Eberward (145'), the Cederville (105'), Minneapolis (125'), Barnum (75'), Sandusky (85'). Also last summer while diving with the Lost Yooper we were able to dive on a wreck that was just found. The williams. We had a great time. Check some of our posts in the wreck diving and Tech forums. Dan sells passes for unlimited diving through out the diving season. We also dove up there Labor day weekend and it was nice to be under the bridge instead of on it. If you look at my profile, the picture was taken on Dans boat last summer over the Eberward. If it had not been such a foggy morning you would be able to see the Mackinac bridge behind me.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom