Lake Jocasse water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are looking at diving at Jocassee next Sunday (3/20/11) at the diver ramp. Anyone dove Jocassee in the past week and know what the current temps are?

Well Saturday it is supposed to be sunny and 82 degrees. Sunday is cloudy and 64. We will probably come Saturday. Anyone have current temps?

On Feb 27th it was ~48 F all around, but that was posted by Fireinmybones. If noone else answers it probably means plan on them being as cold as 48 but possibly 2-3 degrees warmer.

Talked to Brandon on Tuesday(3-15) at LJDS! Surface Temps were 52o down to 48o at 60' with no thermocline!

Tony and Joe8Mofo, thanks for the temp info. We had two nice dives at Jocassee today. Temps were 51 in the shallows and 48 at depth. Vis was about 20' or so. I was a beautiful sunny day (85 degrees yes!) whihc was important since were were diving wet. Dive one was about an hour to 102'. We visited the bones family, boat, and then I took a compass heading into the trees where we stayed for a while (33 mix nitrox). Dove lower trees a while then spent time in the tree tops. Dove the little wall that is now about 54' and smaller trees. Finished in the boulders/rocks. We were a little chilled given much of the dive was deep. Surface interval of a little over an hour was warm and nice in the sun. Dive two was down the ramp to the training platforms and boat then across to the trees - not as deep this time 95'. We were in steel 80s that dive. Still we had plent of tree time -saw one bass there, no cats in the trees today. We had about a 48 min. dive. Saw some cats in the cracks and under boulders. Very nice dive day. Very tolerable wet with the warm air temps. Get this - we were the only divers at the ramp today (at least until we left about 2p). Tony and Krawlings, hope y'all have a great dive tomorrow.

I am looking forward to diving there again soon. Perhaps the water temps will be warmer. Until then...Drysuits.

I will be there tomorrow in a drysuit..... 7mm is so for when I didn't have the warmth of a drysuit.

We dove there yesterday (4/9/11) and it was about 56 on the surface, 48 at depth in the forest. two sharp thermoclines at around 70 and 40 . I dove a 5 mil, hood, double gloves, and wool socks under my boots. I was comfortable almost the whole time but it might just be that im crazy.

We got in two dives today. 96' max for 1:01 and 96' for 53min. Nice and sunny. Vis in the shallows was not great- may 8-10', but it was nice in the trees. Not much fish life. One cat in the trees, a couple of small cats in the rocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom