Lake Jocassee Temp. Today:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
49 degrees @ 92 ft. off the ramp and into the woods.

The lake was 3' above the end of the ramp. I didn't pay much attention to the first platform
(the collapsing one?). I haven't been there enough to comment on the relative vis, maybe 20', although it seemed better deeper.

The lake was 3' above the end of the ramp. I didn't pay much attention to the first platform
(the collapsing one?). I haven't been there enough to comment on the relative vis, maybe 20', although it seemed better deeper.

That sounds good. I try to dive there 2-3 times a year and will probably go back next month. It is a nice dive. The dive through the trees is cool. I generally use compass headings rather than following the lines. It gets fairly deep off that slope. I believe we turned at 145' or so last trip and the slope/trees were still heading downward. How deep are the tops of the trees now?

I found myself at the base of the trees @92' before I was aware of being in the trees. I made a left re the sun. I can only guess the depth of the tops of the trees.

Last edited:
It gets fairly deep off that slope. I believe we turned at 145' or so last trip and the slope/trees were still heading downward.

Does it get deeper heading toward shore from the buoys?

I like the dive off to the left of the boat ramp. You can see the "bones" family and then head down the slope. It drops off fairly fast (there are lines if you prefer to follow them). I am beyond the bouys when I hit max depth. There is quite a bit of bramble at depth, so be careful to avoid snagging on stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom