Lake Juliette in Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Littlefeat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone dove the old ruins in lake Juliette near the power plant..there is suppose to be an old church underwater there...i saw a map of the lake and there are X's on the map that indicates ruins....does anyone know anything about this and possibly dove to these ruins...would make an intresting local dive as I live here in middle ga.

Would appreciate any feedback

I can't help you with that lake, as I had not heard of it until after reading your post! :D

I did find an old post on Scubaboard that might have some names you could pm for possibly more information!(That's assuming they are still active on here.)

lake-juliette-dive-report

Hope this helps you find what your looking for!

Generally the "X's" indicating ruins on impoundments such as Lake Julliette are just indicators of where a structure used to be. It is common practice to either move, or demolish houses, churches, and other types of structures.

There isn't a great deal to be seen at Julliette, but it is getting wet.

Problem is, you sort of have to go through some hoops by getting in touch with a specific person who works for Ga. Power/The Southern Company and arranging prior permission to dive.

I've only dived it twice. I got wet, I was happy, but Lanier offers more of a challenge for me and is significantly closer.

There are some others on the board who have dived Julliette a lot more. Perhaps they'll kick in after a bit.

the K

How was the vis when you dove LJ. I live in Dublin Ga and would love to have some place close to dive. We tried lake Occonee and that was low low low low vis.

Thanks to all for responding....will probably still dive the lake in the spring once it warms up...will probably need a boat to get to those sites indicated with an X on the map...probably not much down there and I am sure the vis will not be that good...but hey, it is close to home and any dive is a good dive

I know there are some old posts on this site regarding this lake...hopefully, I can get in touch with a few of them

I dove Juliette often...and I didn't have permission and almost went to Jail!!!! GA Power is not playing when they say you need permission to dive and it is a little pain to get that permission. PM me and I will get that information over to you...

Jeremy

I have not seen any signs up there saying "no Diving". Why do they care if people dive the lake. THey do not care about other lakes.

What reason did they give for wanting to take you to jail.

Per a friend of mine who also had a wrist slap, it has to do with the power plant/dam/homeland security. Don't know if that's the same problem Jeremy ran into or not. You have to go thru the channels is what my friend said.

Per a friend of mine who also had a wrist slap, it has to do with the power plant/dam/homeland security. Don't know if that's the same problem Jeremy ran into or not. You have to go thru the channels is what my friend said.
We dive above and below the dam/power plant here on the Tn River/Lake Chickamauga. I've not heard nor experienced any issues with HS, TVA, CG or anything else. Maybe it's different in Ga., but I would expect those reasons to be national and not local. Sounds like some local on a power trip to me. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom