Lake Keowee (Hot Hole)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pastor G

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We've got a trip to Lake Keowee to dive at Hot Hole coming up on March 19 and we've got room for 6 more divers (8 already confirmed) on the charter with offthewalldiving.com. We're heading out at 11 a.m. for a two tank day for $35 which includes the charter, tanks, and snacks. You pay at the dock but please let me know if you plan on coming so we don't show up with more divers than space or tanks. Hope to see you there. Pastor -G-

(if this isn't a the right forum to post this, please excuse the newby)

Weather's calling for Sunny and 80 degrees for Saturday's trip. Still have room for a few divers. Check your schedule and let us know.

what is the hot hole?i have friends that live down there

It's where the local nuclear power plant empties the water used for cooling their system back into the lake. The water stays in the upper 60's lower 70's at the point where it enters the lake. It comes out of the pipes with a good flow on it so you can ride the current out into the lake until you get cold and then follow the inbound current back to where you started. It's all about 30-40' deep and cleared of sand from the current so there's lot's of rocks to look around and plenty of fish but the vis is typical lake vis so 10' on a good day. It makes a good spot to get wet in the cooler months without traveling to the tropics (but it does seem to motivate me to make sure I get there soon).

Back
Top Bottom