Lake Martin in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have two weekends off from work in March, and would like to get wet in Lake Martin; I know it will be cold-ish, but am okay with it. Anyone think it is worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to see the old Kowligia Bridge and the excavator, reportedly there by the new bridge??

I am probably going to the drysuit demo in Pelham at the end of the month, any advice other than get there early?

Mike

Hey Scubamiller,

Driving 2 1/2 hours to get in low 50's water is not my idea of fun but the old bridge is a great dive. I am interested in trying to find the old excavator, I know its general location but have never dived that area. I am willing to get in the water if I have nothing planned for whenever you are in town.

Was thinking about going down there this coming saturday if the weather is good. If anyone else is going let me know. I've seen the boats and the bridge but never heard of the excavator. Whats the story?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom