Lake Murray Anytime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, this is what I found at 26 feet at Lake Murray last weekend.

Yea. Murray hasn't been real great this year. I am not sure why. Murray really is my favorite lake in this area. Broken Bow probably would be except for the distance from Arlington. I am rather enamored with Lake Travis right now for some reason. Not sure why that is either.

Murray does tend to have really crap visibility in the summer months. Just have to deal with it. Visibility gets a whole lot better in fall / spring and especially winter.

I really liked Travis, too. If I lived just a couple hours closer, I'd be down there all the time.

Tex... Murray does have some pretty interesting dives. Agreed on that part. I just have sort-of a love/hate thing going on with Murray right now because of the horrible viz that has cursed my few trips out there. Definitely going to give it a few more chances, though.

EDIT: And haven't had a chance to try it in cool weather yet, might be interesting.

Some of us have been know to use my 'buddy line' after getting into no-vis situations as the dive progressed.

Wasn't Murray the scene of the "Great Crab-Trap Adventure"? :D

Wow Foo! A little insomnia ?? Yes. The crab trap adventure occurred in november 2005. Can you believe it's been that long? I think we should have gotten three specialties out of that dive: Crab Trap Diver, Mountain Goat Diver, and Rapelling Diver.

richerso... you forgot...

Uncontrolled Free Falling Fishing Line Bondage Diver

aka ~ Froglady

She got entangled in a S*** pile of fishing line and started to tumbled Solo end over end down the slope.
Out of luck, all alone and no chance of being saved in the 6 inch vis. darkness.
Her depth alarm went off at 90 feet and she was still going down.
She cut herself free and made her way back up.

'Just one person's great adventure that happened on that dive !!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom