Lake Ouachita, AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does the weekend of Sept 26 sound to everyone? I'll probably take that Friday and/or Monday off too, but we can work around that weekend as the dive dates. I'll look into pontoon rental, unless someone wants to haul theirs over there. My latest girlfriend is from that area andhas loads of friends in Hot Springs. One of them may have a boat we can use, but they tens to be more into speedboats and the like.

I'm going to start a new thread with a poll so we can see who is committedti joining us that weekend.

Too early to commit, but I'd really like to go

How does the weekend of Sept 26 sound to everyone? I'll probably take that Friday and/or Monday off too, but we can work around that weekend as the dive dates. I'll look into pontoon rental, unless someone wants to haul theirs over there. My latest girlfriend is from that area andhas loads of friends in Hot Springs. One of them may have a boat we can use, but they tens to be more into speedboats and the like.

I'm going to start a new thread with a poll so we can see who is committedti joining us that weekend.

Seems the state park marina has only one pontoon/ house boat and it's rented all year. Check here,
Mountain Harbor Marina on Lake Ouachita
they have 25 and 29 footers, and Ocean Extreme dive center is in the same place open on weekends!

It's 170 miles for me, close but like I pointed out, my 20 footer would only handle 4 or so divers.

Check your pm's, John....:wink:

I am headed to Balmorhea as well in a few weeks, when are you thinking about going? We may just run into each other. :)

Most likely Wed the19th. Be glad to have some company.

I need to check & see if we can get tank rentals in the middle of the week out there - or if we are going to have to haul ours out with us.

My JOW & I are taking a grand tour of a slice of Texas that week:
CSSP Fri 8/14 unless it rains a lot the week before - be at Carlsbad to do "lower cave" & a couple other tours Sun-Tue - then on to dive Balmorhea Wed. - hopefully Sonora Cave wild cave tour on Thu - maybe CSSP again on the way back - Wheeeee!

I'm going to start a new thread with a poll so we can see who is committed joining us that weekend.

I'll mark Sept 26 down as a tentative for the two of us.

I have a 17ft fish-n-ski I may or may not haul up, I live a little closer than most - we could take one other in it with dive gear, still be a little tight.

Probably rather just go in on a rental pontoon with others if I may.

Have speargun, will travel, I'm in.......

Most likely Wed the19th. Be glad to have some company.

I need to check & see if we can get tank rentals in the middle of the week out there - or if we are going to have to haul ours out with us.

My JOW & I are taking a grand tour of a slice of Texas that week:
CSSP Fri 8/14 unless it rains a lot the week before - be at Carlsbad to do "lower cave" & a couple other tours Sun-Tue - then on to dive Balmorhea Wed. - hopefully Sonora Cave wild cave tour on Thu - maybe CSSP again on the way back - Wheeeee!

Ah, damn. I will be there the weekend before that, can't do it mid-week, gotta be back for the daily grind and all that. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom