Lake Ouachita diving spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeScubaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Where are the good spots to dive at Lake Ouachita? Over by the dam? Brady Mountain? Thanks!

Need some information , when are you going and were are you renting the house boat, were are you putting in. The dive shop at Brady Mount. use to have a lake map with some dive site. There are several air fill places on the lake, I normaly find a nice cove and dive.
Tom

We're going April 19th for the weekend, and probably camping at the State Park by the dam....anything underwater that is sunken or anything like that??

Go over to the Dam to the other end, set of steps goes down to the water, there a golf cart and some other stuff at the dam, was put there by one of the diver shops from Little Rock, this is a popular place to dive. If you are going to rent a boat there a school bus out in the lake, you'll need a GPS to find it, let me know and I'll see if I can get the location for it. Best vis is down toward the dam, some divers look for quarts crystals on some of the small walls in the lake, there are some good water proof maps of the lake that show the old railroad lines, on the north side was an old town thats under water, not much left of it. Water temp should be 60 to 65, you may want to see if you can find a fresh water jelly fish, they should be around the dam this time of the year there only about the size of a nickel.
Tom

tham:
Need some information , when are you going and were are you renting the house boat, were are you putting in. The dive shop at Brady Mount. use to have a lake map with some dive site. There are several air fill places on the lake, I normaly find a nice cove and dive.
Tom

Thanks for the response. We will be there 6/29 through 7/2, and are renting the house boat through Wake Zone at the Crystal Springs Resort.

Yep, the only real shore entry is at the dam,,,,rest of the lake is boat/pontoon access....very nice clean/chilly lake!

are these the stairs to go down? If not, where are they? Thanks!

ouachitadam.jpg

Wrong set of stairs, go accross the dam, to the parking lot on the left of your photo, this is a dead end road, stairs go from the parking lot to the water, there even a bench about 2/3 way down in case you need it. This photo was taken with the water very low, the end of the stair can be seen under the tree next to the dam. The stairs you show belong to the USACE and they get pissed if you play on there stuff. Hope this helps
Tom

Ok are these the stairs? does look like the water is down in this photo...

ouachitadam2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom