Lake Phoenix Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

old sarge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Lake Phoenix dive: The new owners have done a lot of work. There is a new painter dive sign at the entrance and a new sign with the Phoenix and the name. The building used for classes has a new coat of paint as does the check in building, 100% better that what was there. Camp sites and covered shelters have been improved as well as the parking area for campers. Coin meters in the bath houses are GONE !! Wash for free.

Water was warm to about 15 ft, turned refreshing to 30ft and then I pulled my hood and got on gloves for deeper. Helocopter on left side was good, but didn't make it to the plane out from the pier when I got cool. Buddies went to the plane said was cool on them. Lots of fish and the night dive was great. :) We camped and took a grill, but some sites have charcoal grills. Made a camp fire and enjoyed the time with other diver.

If you haven't been in a while, you will be amazed at the improvements, if you've never been you should look at going one time.

Thanks, Lee

Wife and I did a day trip out there fairly recently. The gentleman working the front desk/shop was helpful and friendly. Everything seemed clean and well run. I'm looking forward to going back, maybe spending the night!

I'm moving down to Richmond next summer and plan on hitting this spot for some dives. Anything anyone can tell me about it other than what's on their website would be great. Are there areas where you can set up a canopy? How are the crowds?...etc....Thx

Depending on the day of the week, you might have a shelter to get under. We camped and cooked off our stove. There are fire pits at each shelter and wood stacked not far away. Next morning we had 8 cars come in and a dive group doing classes. If you go, the water could be cool, so take gear as needed. Plan to night dive cause the fish are always fun to swim with.

Wife and I may be headed to Phoenix Thursday or Friday. Anyone interested in joining us? If you're from the Hampton Roads area we could potentially carpool.

Back
Top Bottom