Lake Rawlings June 28/29 - Anyone going to be out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not going to make it myself but my LDS, Down Under Surf and Scuba is having a club day on Sat, you should be able to find a buddy amoung the club members.

I'll be there Sat afternoon, but I'll be tied up doing AOW training stuff.

I'll be there Sat and Sun but I'm DM'ing an OW class so I'm tied up both days.

Looks like I'm going to be hooking up with the Down Under Surf & Scuba Diving Club. I'll be driving down Saturday morning early and back Saturday night from DC. I'd be happy to give a lift if anyone is interested in catching a ride.

-BW

I'll be heading there Sunday with a buddy to avoid the possible Saturday Dive Rite Demo crowd. If you change your mind, feel free to tag along. =)

I'll let someone else report on the complete events of this weekend but, as far as temps go, surface temp, 79F. At a depth of 25 feet, the temp was 75F. That's as far as I made it due to being in a class, but bottom temps were reported as 63F at 60 feet, although I can not personally confirm this. Happy diving!

I made it to 53' yesterday and saw a temp of 72F on my computer. I don't know the sampling rate for the temp gauge on my computer, but we were only down at that depth for a max of about 3-4 minutes, so I wouldn't rely on my computer. My personal feelings is that true water temp at that depth is probably mid-sixties or so.

Saturday was the busiest I've ever seen Rawlings. There was one little corridor about six feet wide leading from the unloading area down to the water. Everywhere else was covered with divers.

Yeah, Saturday was really busy. Turns out rain didn't come on Sunday as expected. I got 61 degrees at 60 feet on Saturday, lots warmer than the 53 from 3 weekends ago.

Bah-nah-nah-nah

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom