Lake Rawlings - Saturday or Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FurtekJR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a dive buddy for this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) down at Rawlings.

Joe

How does Lake Rawlings compare to Dutch Springs? Also, where is it located?

Have a great time! I wish it was a little closer - I have to be home on Sunday morning so that would make one very long day on Saturday. It would be nice to dive someplace new - all of my cert dives have been at Dutch Springs.

Just returned from 2 days at Rawlings. Water temp was bout 85 at the top, thermocline at 25ft wasnt bad. We went to the airplane, 50ft and temp was 65ish. Really nice time there. Not to crowded. We camped overnight and had a blast.
Wish I could make it this weekend but Im heading to Bush Gardens.

As for how Dutch and Rawlings compare- vis is more or less the same, from what I have seen, Dutch is a lot deeper, more attractions. Also no dive knives are allowed on the property of Rawlings. Makes me wonder what the owner would do about a concealed carry permit ;-) Both are well staffed, and usually pretty full of people.
-J

Anyone do or check out the camping cabins at Rawlings? My family and a friends family have two cabins rented for a couple days during the week, the week after next. Was wondering if there was a fire ring, picnic tables and grill near the cabins. Another friend also suggested I take the kids wagon down for hauling gear down to the water and reef shoes for all. Any suggestion on what else to bring to make our stay more enjoyable would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have camped there a couple times using a tent. The cabins appear to be nice from the outside. There are picnic tables and fire rings but not sure how close to the cabins they are. There are grills also, bring charcoal. A wagon isnt a bad idea, saves either driving your gear down then parking or walking it. I would suggest taking some fire wood. One time I went there was plenty another it was scarce. You can buy ice onsite if needed. Some folding chairs and marshmellows are good also. What date are you going there? Im headed back in 2 weeks middle of the week. Probably going to tent camp again but if our dates are the same we could meet up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom