Lake Rawlings temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJHorton

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like we will be headed to Lake Rawlings this weekend. Anyone know the current water temperatures? I need to know what to wear!

Thanks!

I was there 2 weeks ago. If I recall, the bottom temps were around 58-59 degrees Fahrenheit.
I want to say there was only one thermocline around the 30 foot mark.

I might expect it to be low 60's on the bottom with the sunny hot weather lately.

On Friday and Saturday it was 55 at the airplane. 70 above the thermocline at 28 to 30 feet.

This afternoon it was 54-55 at the airplane (with 5-10 feet of visibility) high 70s / low 80s above the thermocline. The thermocline was between 25-30 feet.

I was out there today. At the airplane it was 55. Thermocline still around 25-30 and visibility was around 10 ft.

Have fun out there!

I was out there also today and second that....TNT what time were you out there? I was there from 3-6......big guy in sidemount.

I was out there first thing (actually waiting in line to open up), so from 9-1:30. I was trying get out there and diving before the heat really rolled in. I got a BP/wing setup and was dong some experimentation. It is funny how you think that after this next...(class, piece of gear, trip, etc) I will not keep "needing" to upgrade and change your setup. But when I did the SDI Solo diver course and tried on a few tech setups...then I knew that I would be upgrading again. So I did, and I like the new setup compared to my old jacket BC.

Sorry I missed you out there, my boss gave me Friday off and I ran with it. It makes for a GREAT start to the weekend. Maybe next time we will meet out there...I am easy to see, still in my dry suit (blue and Yellow!) so that I can go spend all the time at depth. Funny thing is that out of two trips to Rawlings, I have only seen one other diver at 50ft or below (and he was flying like he was trying to say he saw the plane and then get back up above the thermocline as quick as possible).

Dive Safe,
TNT

Yeah thats why I like heading below the wall there....even on the busiest days its virtually deserted below 45-50 feet. I hit the "afternoon session" there Friday because my dive buddy had to knock out some written tests for his DM with Keven. I'll look out for you too.....I am the big guy with full sleeve tattoos and lately have been diving sidemount, mainly because I can haul my bottles down to the water and clip them under the dock until I'm ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom