Lake Rawlings Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All:

Here's a short tour of Lake Rawlings, a little quarry off the I-85 just south of Richmond, Virginia in March, 2010. This facility has a campground, showers, pavilions and a dive shop. Entry fee is less than $30 a day. Underwater visibility is usually good, often exceeding 30 FT. Underwater features include 40 FT walls, sunken boats, cars, buses and aircraft. Two of the most popular features - an aircraft and bus - are in the video.

[vimeo]10196341[/vimeo]

The water temp in the video is 45 degrees and the underwater visibility exceeds 40 FT. Surface temps in the summer are in the 70s with the bottom in the 50s. The aircraft is at 50-60 FT, the bus at 30 FT. Most features are connected with lines for touring, a park map is near the entrance to the water. This is a training and gear testing location for a bunch of mid-atlantic offshore folks. Dive shops use it for openwater as well. On the day we were there, the CCRs outnumbered the OCs, LOL!

Wait a minute...I recognize the fancy footwork....it's the pool guy again! Either that or his brother - Two Blue Glove Diver.

Andy,

Nice video! I haven't been to Lake Rawlings in a very long time. The visibility looks great.

Safe Diving,
Wil

Nice video Snowbear. You should have shot some video Sat night of you dancing with the girl and just stuck it in the middle of this......would have been a shocker for sure.

I don't remember it looking that good?

I'll be bringing a group on the last weekend in April (24/25).

Nice video Snowbear. You should have shot some video Sat night of you dancing with the girl and just stuck it in the middle of this......would have been a shocker for sure.

LOL I wish I had video of the double grind to flipside! It was entertaining.

Nice to meet ya Andy and good to see JT and Nancy again.

Last edited:
LOL I wish I had video of the double grind to flipside! It was entertaining. Nice to meet ya Andy and good to see JT and Nancy again.

HA! So YOU are Randy! Now I got it!

JT was just jealous cause Tess is SMOKIN HOT...

Wait a minute now, JT, on SCUBA BOARD?? !! ??

Oh, I think Snowbear video productions is warming up, lol...

Harry, where are you?

Harry? Ram?

:rofl3:

JT was just jealous cause Tess is SMOKIN HOT...

Wait a minute now, JT, on SCUBA BOARD?? !! ??

Oh, I think Snowbear video productions is warming up, lol...

:rofl3:

I'm sure the rest of the women there are a bit miffed you only see Tess as "Hot". Tess was not the "Hottest" there, I know better than to back myself into a corner with a name. They were all attractive.

I don't think you will see me as a regular poster on BS, just not my style anymore. But I did donate to the lawsuit, so I am a supporter kinda.

BTW you really don't want to be the subject of a DCD video do you. I mean it could be funny as hell investigating you to see what you did and where you went after Tess left you with that dive light in your pants pocket. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom