Lake Tahoe dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Alaska / Florida / In the air between the two.
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We made it out to Meeks bay this morning. Discovered the "boat inspectors" are now charging 30 bucks to check out the boat prior to launching. What a racket! Last year it was free, now this? I'd suspect that its California's way of adding another unfair tax on boaters if the lake wasn't also shared by Nv.
Anyway, back to the diving. We decided to dive Hurricane Bay and visit the sailboat first. The coordinates on the GPS had us off the boat by a bit, but we found it eventually, I didn't notice the gnomes that have taken up residence in the bow untill today. There were some fingerlings living in the hull as well and of course a few crawfish to play with under the hull.
After returning to Meeks for a lunch break we made Rubicon wall the second dive, we hit the water again, after a quick anchor check we turned south made about 70 feet and decided that was deep enough as I could feel my hands getting cold. The wall is just spectacular, sheer granite face slipping below to what apears to be a bottomless chasm. returning at 50 feet we passed the anchor line heading north as we still had more gas so more dive time!:D after 30min I checked everyones gas and we turned back toward the boat at 20 feet where i found a pair of ray bans, I tried them on but couldn't see to well so returned the mask to its rightful location and made for the anchor.

Vis was easilly 60 feet. water temp upper 50's at depth, 64 at the surface.

Those are my Ray-Bans...

Thanks for picking them up for me.

Nice dive report and glad you all are doing well. Remember the fee I paid you to be sure Mike Miller doesn't make back!!:D

Wow! 64 degrees at the surface...last weekend it was 53. The last couple of hot days we've had must have really made a difference.

Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the inspection cost; I know the Fish & Game / TRPA are just terrified about the prospect of zebra mussels, and have really stepped up the inspections to the point that they might actually do some good.

All the best, James

I got one shot of the day.

LakeTahoe62709022.jpg

We dove meeks bay today - I forgot what a desert wasteland lake Tahoe is below the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom