Lake Tenkiller Dive Trip (8.12.06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woo! Hoo!

Nice Pics and video's. Even though the vis isn't always the best I still love diving at Tenkiller. The rock formations, fish life, and underwater structures are always interesting. Plus you always have a chance at finding an anchor or a prop!!!

Is the Lake Tenkiller Team on for this weekend?

I don't think so Packet. No one has done any planning. Not that I am complaining. I haven't had time and I would certainly understand if everyone else is busy too. It's Thursday night and I haven't had a chance to think about this trip in a while.

I haven't heard anything out of anyone else either. So, my guess is that the trip is off for this weekend.

I'm sorry guys! I've just been so completely busy, too, since returning from Cozumel. I guess I dropped the ball on this one. I've been working non-stop and definitely need to get some dive time in, but cannot seem to get away from reality. Help! :)

We should be able to reschedule for some time. I would still like to do this trip again and go find that bridge.

richerso:
We should be able to reschedule for some time. I would still like to do this trip again and go find that bridge.
Same here ... and I definitely want to find a real wall this time.

I also think it would be fun to do several dives on the mob house and try to survey what is there. Seems like it would be a pretty cool practice archaeology project. I have done a bunch of searching online and have not been able to find any references for the area that was inundated. I have found some general references to the overall area, but not even much of that.

Willie

I was there this Sunday,water was 82 degrees with 6 ft vis at the Scuba Park,thermocline was at 42 ft and it went to 75 degrees.

Crunch, don't really know what to tell you. There's Gene at Gene's Aqua Pro; but he's like 80 years old now. He still runs his dive shop as far as I know; but he doesn't dive anymore --- at least, that's what I hear.

There's Tim at Nautical Adventures. He'd probably be willing to give some tours if the opportunity is right; but I can't really speak for him so you'll just have to talk to him. When we travelled up to Tenkiller, Tim was real responsive to renting us tanks and providing a dive site map and pseudo dive-plan suggestions. All in all, it worked out real well except for the near sinking of the pontoon boat thing. But then, that was part of the over all adventure. Good times!!!

I hope to be able to dive the Mob House site again real soon. Willie has the right idea!
JR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom