Lake Tenkiller Dive Trip (8.12.06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report Rich. Loved the pictures. It was quite impressive watching all that water head up the interior of the boat.

For those of you who werent there, take a look at this picture again

EndofDay1.jpg

and imagine seeing the top of that front rail under water with the motor behind you up out of the water and all of us scrambling for life jackets. The light blue cooler in front ended up floating and had to be retrieved.

I learned several good lessons from this event. Keep the weight toward the rear of the boat and keep anything that needs to stay dry in a dry bag.

Great trip. I would like to find that bridge some day and a real 'wall'. I have some picts and a bit of video I will post when I get the chance.

Willie

Yes, a dry bag is definitely a good idea, Willie. I took a watertight bin and had all of my stuff that needed to stay dry in it (this is the big blue bin in the picture beside richerso). However, I did not anticipate the boat almost sinking, so I didn't think about it turning over, the lid flying off, and my purse, dry clothes, and cell phone getting saturated with water. Hmmmm...Now, why wouldn't I have thought of that? :)

Again . . . . . . repeating . . ... . . I love you guys . . . . . . . . and galscuaba too! ! ! Let's do this trip again. Only next time we need to find the bridge and not attempt the boat sinking thing . . . . . . Rich! It's all good though. I replaced most everything today. I am replacing the cell phone tomorrow.

Here are the few pictures that I got. Vis was so poor, I took more video. I will try and post the video tonight as well and will edit my post when I get it done.

IMG_1249.jpg

The adventure begins

IMG_1250.jpg

Galscuba

IMG_1262.jpg

Number 100 for me

IMG_1265.jpg

Thats my daughter Elaine & granddaughter Cora with us at dinner. They went sightseeing while we dove.

Willie

I posted the above pictures and 6 short videos hereif you want to take a look. No editing on the video except to size it for the web. Be prepared, the audio is too loud.

Willie

Great pics Willie! My standing backroll turned out pretty good. :D

richerso:
Again . . . . . . repeating . . ... . . I love you guys . . . . . . . . and galscuaba too! ! ! Let's do this trip again. Only next time we need to find the bridge and not attempt the boat sinking thing . . . . . . Rich! It's all good though. I replaced most everything today. I am replacing the cell phone tomorrow.

Glad to hear you got your electronic gear replaced. :D

Let me know when you guys wanna go.

Richard

I'm thinking September 9th it is! What do you think? We need to make an all weekend thing of it this time.

I can be available that weekend. That's the weekend after my trip to the Channel Islands. I'll have plenty of stories and pictures. :D

That's the weekend after I get back from Cozumel. I'm sure Tenkiller will look so clear to the two of us at that point! :) Let's do it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom