Lake Travis Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
For anyone who was planning on coming to Austin to help with the Lake Travis Cleanup sponsored by LCRA on Sunday, September 16, the cleanup has been canceled. It may be rescheduled at a later time.

RonC.

I suppose that means I will have to stay home and vacuum and iron and do the laundry. Wait, you said the 16th. Nevermind I will be diving at Clear Springs that day anyway!

My wife said, diving & the couch or cleaning and the bed

I said please have the sheets on the couch when I get home as I will need a nap!

You are a braver man than I am. Then again I also have a 14" cast iron skillet in the house.

Tom

You must have a comfortable couch! I may try to go get wet anyway.

RonC.

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
You are a braver man than I am. Then again I also have a 14" cast iron skillet in the house.
Tom

I'm okay my wife doesn't know how to cook using the cast iron, and her swing is slow and avoidable. Been ducking the pan fer dern near 4 years now.

As for the couch, heck it is perfect, it even has a warn mushed in part where the tanks go so I can sleep in them on the weekends I cannot get wet!

Anyone have a problem with to little air in the regulator to sleep at night. I find 2 tanks only lasts me about 3 hours, then I have to switch over to that nasty humidified normal air.... Makes me drool in my sleep!

Originally posted by syruss32
My wife said, diving & the couch or cleaning and the bed

I said please have the sheets on the couch when I get home as I will need a nap!

And when did you wake up after she knocked you out?

ID

Well Iguana,

That was kind of a personal question but I will tell you. My forhead somehow managed to be imprinted with "Club Aluminum" but I don't rememeber a thing. And I have a splitting headache. But I cheked my gear all is okay there, so no damage done...

I asked only because I can relate to your experience and wanted to see if you were out for 3 days like I was.
Like you had imprint of Revere Wear on my forhead but gear was intact.

Except for the next time I went diving found that I had a tank of "Green Chilli Bruitto Nitrox", now I wonder where she got that idea?

ID

Probably she thought that was the precursor to the fuel for your methane powered scooter.

I was married to a woman who threw the hammer for the University of Oklahoma track team. She carried that asset in to everyday life.

She could throw my 22oz Eastwing 200 feet with dead-eye accuarcy!

Just like Dan'l Boone throwing a tomahawk! Still have the "Love Scar" from that one.

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom