Lake Travis Scuba Wed, 5/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice Robert. After Sats. night dive my left ear is still draining and feeling stopped up. I will try the 50/50 mix, I did hear about from someone else.

Tonight will be a good time to try Pvillestangs 50/50 mix. I will bet I get some great relief with that.

I hate hate hate to have to do this but after these past dives my body got pissed and I have a very bad ear infection. I will still pay our slots if need, have Robert give me a call and Ill use my CC. Im just not able to chance it with the ear, besides the pain I have a trip this weekend and need to be able to fly.

No Worries, Lisa. As for the rest of you, I'm more an 80/20 guy.

No worries about paying for the charter, you gave plenty of notice. After diving I use a mix of 50% rubbing alcohol (had to clarify for some of you) and 50% vinegar. My ENT recommended this solution for a good ear cleanrer. Do not dealy taking prescription meds if the problem persists, ear infections can really be a pain. I had two over the past year and now make it a point to clean the ears immediately after diving. Purchase one of those ear balls (also used as snot removers for babies), fill it with the mix, lean over and spray the solution UP into the ear, not down into the ear. Hope this helps.

Im being such a baby, seriously this infection is the worst, im in so much pain. :shakehead: Thanks Robert, and will be sure to make up for skipping out

The pain will not get better without some prescription meds. I had to use Amoxicillin (sp.) to resolve it. Until I got the meds, it just was a pain in the ear and jaw. It took most of the week once on the meds to begin feeling "normal".

Back
Top Bottom