Lambda Lambda Lambda Beta - 2005 Pledge Roster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
It is my honor to announce the newest pledge to Lambda Lambda Lambda Beat -
M7Scuba.
He came over from Athens today to dive with Corigan and me.
We did two dives:
#1: 39' @ 74'
#2: 23' @ 62'

He did good.
Corigan didn't dive, but I'll let him relate that pitiful account! :D

M7 is eagerly looking forward to his initiation dive on Jan 1, 2006.

the K
I hope to make the honorable Tri-Lambda Betas proud come New Year's Day. I'll be diving wet most likely, but will shiver with the best of 'em :)

Sorry that Corigan didn't make it under, but it was a good dive with TK. It was my first time in my FJ 7mil and weighting was tricky. I used the buoy line to pull myself under on the first dive and at 30' crashed into the bottom. Couldn't even see it to try to stop. Not used to that much of a change in buoyancy (I went from 10 lbs with my 3 mil to 24 lbs). Did a little better the second dive, but still need to practice that some more. I would get a little heavy with the 3 mil, but not like the 7.

This was my first dive where a light really was necessary. TK had a good primary and I only had a Princeton Tec Impact XL that I got to be my backup. It put out a good bit of light, but you can really tell the difference between the wide beam of the primary and the narrow beam of my light. I didn't have any cave line at home, so I tied my light off before the dive and almost lost it. When I got down to 30' I saw a piece of string floating and realized that my light was gone. Fortunately the pressure turned it on for me and I was able to locate and retrieve it.

Still working to get my SAC down. I just did the numbers and it looks like I was right at .75 cfm Saturday. I guess I need to start running to help those numbers. I'm at just shy of 12 hours bottom time (20 dives), so as I get more experience I'm sure it will improve as well.

The last time I dove Lanier, we stayed shallow and followed the bank out and back. Viz was pretty good and we got to see some fish on that trip. This time we decided to venture out toward the forest and go a little deeper. My computer registered 72 degrees on the first dive and 66 on the second. I did feel a little cool at the bottom, but nothing uncomfortable. It was pretty interesting having to swim around the small trees that were remaining and even at one point having to go over a tree so that the surface buoy wouldn't get caught. I'm looking forward to venturing out a little deeper next time to see what we can find. I'm kind of wanting to find a boat to take out a little bit further. I'll eventually need to pick up one of the depth charts like the TK has. We could go down and try to locate some of the items on the bottom.

I confess, I use Force Fin Pros with the Bungee strap. I know that there are 2 groups - love 'em or hate 'em. For me, the jury is still out. They are the only fin that I've used. They work fine under water, but on the surface I'm still trying to figure them out. I can't seem to swim effectively face down. I probably just need to take them in a pool and work on it. I've seen some other posts where they aren't the best fin for snorkel/surface use. They work just fine lying on my back though (my preferred method while surfaced). I also want to learn some of the finer skills like helicopter turns, frog kicks, etc.

I've probably written too much, so I'll stop for now. Can't wait to get wet again though.

Brian

Good report, B.

You did good with that new suit. It's always a just a little bit fun to live, once again, the surprise :11: of the neoprene compression through the experience of a new diver! Not making fun . . . just reliving past experiences! :D

Must say, I'm really impressed with your knowledge of gas management and nitrox usage.

You will be a fine addition to the Looney Bird flock.

Looking forward to diving with you again . . . soon!

the K

m7scuba:
Still working to get my SAC down. I just did the numbers and it looks like I was right at .75 cfm Saturday.
I still haven't did the numbers (something I'm going to do this month) so good for you!

m7scuba:
I'm looking forward to venturing out a little deeper next time to see what we can find. I'm kind of wanting to find a boat to take out a little bit further. I'll eventually need to pick up one of the depth charts like the TK has. We could go down and try to locate some of the items on the bottom.
I'm all game for this one. I would like to get a map too. Hey TK, where did you get the map/charts?

m7scuba:
I also want to learn some of the finer skills like helicopter turns, frog kicks, etc.
I've got a pair of Scubapro Twin Jet's and I'm getting a pair of Jets or Turtles if the XL Jets don't fit my boot. (I hate ordering a pair of $100.00 fins just to find out that they don't fit my Pinnacle boots!) I'll be out trying to learn these techniques esp. focusing on my Frog kicks which are weak by my own admission.

Oct. 29/30 may be open for a dive or two. Don't quite know yet.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I hate ordering a pair of $100.00 fins just to find out that they don't fit my Pinnacle boots! Jeremy

Dude, don't spend that kind of money on new fins. Check out Ebay. You can get Jet fins for 20-30 bucks if you watch the sales.

scubaPT:
Dude, don't spend that kind of money on new fins. Check out Ebay. You can get Jet fins for 20-30 bucks if you watch the sales.

Don't worry Allen...I'm not going to drop that kind of $$$ on Jets. I can buy new from LP for around $65.00. I was just making a point that I don't really want to spend ANY money on the XL jets (ebay or otherwise) if I don't know if they will fit my boots. I can take my boots to Divers Supply and try on the Turtles or XS Scubas copy of the Jets before I buy...which I would buy from DiversSupply.

On that note...have any XL Jets that I could try out the next time we are up at Lanier diving??

I'm currently putting together my BP/W setup. Got to finish getting my long hoses and a wing to go with it but want to try some out before I buy.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
On that note...have any XL Jets that I could try out the next time we are up at Lanier diving??
Jeremy

What size shoe/boot do you wear?
I wear a size 10 shoe/boot and I am using a size large jets. I have 2 sets of dive boots, a 5 mil and a 7 mil. No problems with fit.

What size shoe/boot do you wear?
I wear a size 10 shoe/boot and I am using a size large jets. I have 2 sets of dive boots, a 5 mil and a 7 mil. No problems with fit.

I wear a size 11 boot. I have 2 boots one is 5mil the other is 7mil. I've tried on a Large pair of Jets once but they didn't seem deep or wide enough and that was while wearing the 5mil boots. I did get them on but I felt like my foot was stuffed into the foot pockets.

I think a pair of XL's would do the trick but I would want to try out a pair first. Esp. while wearing my 7mil boots.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom