Land-based Palau .. boat schedules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-hh

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at various land-based options, due to a non-diver spouse.

I'm aware that Palau diving often includes a ~45 ride through the Rock Islands ... question is "Will I be back in time for Lunch?".

Palau isn't unique in this: Diveboat scheduled departure times can usually be found (eventually), but one of those pieces of information that seem to never be well advertised is what's the average expected return time for the boats.

Thanks,

-hh

i went with sam's tours and they head out for 2 dives and dont return for lunch. i can't say for the other operators but we had lunch out on an island after the first dive. plan on getting back to the shop around 3 or so. can you leave the spouse at home? :D

Sam's Tours was terrific. Tell spouse to go for massage or shopping. You'll be back for dinner.

I did a land based trip with Fish 'n Fins and had a great time. They seemed to accommodate a variety of dive schedule options that included lunch or not. Some of the dive spots were less then 15 minutes away, others were much longer. Either way, contact them. They made my hotel reservations and everything. This was the best dive vacation I've done.

My avatar picture was from a dive at Blue Wall Corner and my profile picture is on the Dock after a day on the boat.

Looking at various land-based options, due to a non-diver spouse.

I'm aware that Palau diving often includes a ~45 ride through the Rock Islands ... question is "Will I be back in time for Lunch?".

Palau isn't unique in this: Diveboat scheduled departure times can usually be found (eventually), but one of those pieces of information that seem to never be well advertised is what's the average expected return time for the boats.

Thanks,

-hh

Hi, there's a ton of info on what a "typical day" is like, specific Palau travel info, and links to other non diver activities in Palau. This is from a local dive shop that has a huge travel service throughout the west pacific.
Palau Information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom