Land (e.g. bar/tavern) based NELD get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's all get together...let everyone put a face to a name.

What does everyone think? Things to think about and include in your response:

Weekday or weekend
Specific dates that might look good
Areas where you might like to meet
Specific suggestions for locale

I personally would prefer to meet during the week someplace within, or very close to the 128 belt. Any time is good except for the third week of October.

Thanks,
Matt

Pinpoint the farthest members and plot a place in the middle????

Should have had a poll for date figuring...

Weekends are good, but weeknights are okay too, if it's on the later side. I'm not usually out of work until 7pm or so.

I like 10/11, 18, 19, 20, and any weekend night in November except for the 23rd.

I'm not too picky about where, but inside the 128 belt sounds good to me too.

It would seem to me that the pike is just about in the middle for most - from CT to NH. Somewhere between Natick and Waltham/Newton, maybe? I know Natick isn't necessarily inside the 128 belt, but it's pretty close.

-Roman.

Natick/Framingham is probably close enough for most of us in the pike area and would help out those of us who are coming from western MA.

Thoughts?

KK Matt,
what a great idea.

weeknights or wknds are ok. I get our pretty early, but after 6:00 would be fine or even 7:00.

Anywhere withing 30 mins +/- is fine too.
10/18, 10/25, all good including week nights.
10/31 - nov 05 not good.

Is MSilvia going to demo the Aluminum Sherpa???????

Pretty much any day on weekdays, but late at night, the later the better. Weekends are fine also. Natick-Framingham line is good for me. :)

Mike.

It doesn't really matter to me whether it is in or out of the city because the additional travel time is not that bad. That said, I think that some of the Connecticut folks have longer drives than me.

Natick/Framingham gives better options regarding traffic [since Boston would be the obvious choice in my mind]. And it definately gives better options via parking and stuff like that.

Personally I'd think John Harvards in Framingham would be good... nice sized place. They have a back room if we wanted to seclude ourselves as well as a large bar area if we don't want to be secluded. Good food and good beer... and s-loads of parking [since it's in a strip mall].

During the week obviously would be incredible for me, as I can walk there. Weekends are fine.. it's about an hour drive for me.

Back
Top Bottom