Lane's Cove Harrasment 6-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobster75:
Abuse (either verbal or semi-physical) by cops is a very sore spot for me.... I really don't give a flying ---- what reasons a cop might have for being completely the biggest ------- I've ever seen; it's never called for unless the person demonstrates violence. Definitely 80% of the police I've seen in action have abused their position in some way (100mph on Rt. 128; verbal abuse; general stupid cockiness).

I have a genuine respect for the hand full of cops that I've run across in my life who've been respectful and fair. But they are few and far between....

Awhile back I realized that any group of people that have to hide behind collective intimidation (unions) in order to have their way are just a bunch of stupid mongoloids and I've stopped feeling bad when I hear about a motorist snapping on the police and punching the cop out or worse....

Love note to the MA local/state police: Stop being a bunch of "I'm tougher than you cuz I have a gun" pr--s.. Don't abuse the position and maybe people wouldn't make pig jokes or sneer when they see the flag flying at half-mast at the local station house.

Ok, so Frances got a couple of tickets. I'm sure he was just as friendly/respectful as one can be during a traffic stop, but he still suffered verbal and "semi-physical" abuse, whatever that is, because he got a ticket. Sadly, Frances's empirical data confirms that his personal experience with the police is all too common -- he has determined that 80% of officers are guilty of "general stupid cockiness," while 100% of them are "stupid mongoloids" due to their participation in labor unions. I'm not sure whether these findings have been subject to peer review just yet, but they seem pretty bullet-proof to me.

Despite this oppression, Frances does not respond in kind. Instead, he merely roots for the motorist who "snap" on the police, "punching the cop out or worse....." Worse? He makes, or is at least sympathetic to, "pig jokes." And he apparently "sneer" when a police officer is killed in action (i.e. when he sees a "flag flying at half-mast at the local station house"). Now some might think that anyone who celebrates the death of a cop is a little sick. But before you pass judgment on poor Frances, keep in mind that he's only celebrating because the cops are "a bunch of 'I'm tougher than you cuz I have a gun' pr--s." Clearly, the cops deserve whatever they get.

But rest assured, Frances does have a heart. In fact, he has "a genuine respect for the hand full of cops that [have] ... been respectful and fair." It's not clear whether those same few are also "pigs" or "stupid mongoloids," or whether Frances would celebrate their death. Even assuming that he would, it doesn't make his respect for them any less "genuine."

The real problem is that before gloucester and rockport were tourist towns they were, and still are fishing towns.
Fishermen, while they are generally hard working people, are not always the brightest or best educated specimens of humanity.
The locals problem is not with all tourons, it is specifically with DIVERS.
That is because ALL DIVERS steal lobsters out of traps on every dive.
I know this because I have been accused to my face by a lobsterman who had hired me to recover gear he lost in the "perfect storm"

I can't remember the last time I took a dozen bugs in a year, I like them as an occasional treat, but really only a couple times a year.

But these guys have the attitude that if you can't be seen you must be doing something illegal.

I wonder how many gloucester lobstermen have ever pulled a trap belonging to someone else? or intentionally cut someone elses bouys off.

Maybe their suspicion of us is simply a projection of their own behavior. or even a smokescreen to blame us for what was actually done by a lobsterman.

Food for thought.....

Back
Top Bottom