Laptops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When you travel with your computer, do you carry on or put it in your checked bags?
I'd like to check it but am concerned about theft.

Paco:
When you travel with your computer, do you carry on or put it in your checked bags?

Just an FYI but both delta and comair *require* you carry it on.

Ben

I always carry mine. Actually I carry almost all of my electronics. The only thing I check are power adapters and cables. If they get lost I can buy new ones, but its much more expensive to rebuy a laptop or camera equipment.

Plus, like teknitroxdiver said you can use it in-flight.

I take mine on the plane. I can't imagine anyone would steal it - its about 8 years old and the keyboard can be temperamental........ However, if you use it to cut tables what would you do if it got lost? Then there's all the bother of getting new software....

The real answer is a good PDA and leave the big, heavy, bulky nuisance laptop at home!!

Chris

Always carry-on.

Paco:

I take it as carry-on, along with my regs.

Canadian_Diver:
I take it as carry-on, along with my regs.

Of course, I agree that you should not subject your laptop to the woes of checked baggage.

For years, I also carried on my regs, though American Airlines would not let me do that just three weeks ago flying from RDU. The best bet is to check ahead, as it is left up to each airline and even each individual airport for things like that.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom