Largo/Miami 17th - 24th April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a conference in Miami and want to get some bottom time :) A work buddy has me covered for one day out of Ft Lauderdale. Which gives me 2-3 days where I would like to dive in/around Pennenkamp.

Price is a big factor for me this trip. Can anyone recommend a good combo of hotel/dive operation? Or alternativel, is anyone looking to save some money and need a roomate for 2-3 days?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

A few divers that are actively on Rebreather World will be diving in Key Largo on the weekend of April 18th to the 20th with Conch Republic Divers (CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS VOTED #1 DIVE SHOP IN FLORIDA KEYS..2006 & 2007). Some of us are South Florida natives and some will be down from Philly and Delaware. We will be diving rebreathers, but will be diving on dive sites that are in the recreational range. We are simply booking onboard their regularly scheduled trips and not booking the boat, so it's open to the public.

If you want to do some diving and would like to dive with some friendly folks through a friendly dive shop, give Conch Republic Divers a call and check their schedule for those days and join us for some diving.

Adrian

I'll be at Amy Slate's place in mid-April wanting to do dives to get my Divemaster's certification.

If I'm not there, talk with Dan Bitterman who heads the diving operation and let him know I sent you.

Bill Sharp

Get a hold of Speargirl (BeckY)
at Kawama in Largo for a place to stay. She had the best Condos for the best rates ($150)
per night at a beautiful place. Usually 2bedroom condos.
Right on Pen(camp) Park area.

The Captain

Thanks guys. Right now the accomodation is the sticking point. I've emailed Speargirl to see what she has open.

Are there any really low budget (off the radar) places just outside of Miami?

Get a hold of Speargirl (BeckY)
at Kawama in Largo for a place to stay. She had the best Condos for the best rates ($150)
per night at a beautiful place. Usually 2bedroom condos.
Right on Pen(camp) Park area.

The Captain

Becky indeed has a place (4 bedroom, 3 floors!) for a great price as well. Does anyone want to share a place for 16, 17, 18 April?

DrSteve,

We'll be looking for a place there as well, but probably May thru Sept.

If you could e-mail me here address, I'd like to check with her too.

Tnx,

Bill

Thanks guys. Right now the accomodation is the sticking point. I've emailed Speargirl to see what she has open.

Are there any really low budget (off the radar) places just outside of Miami?

Once again, talk to speargirl, I think she has got a camping place a little further down........If not theres my all time fav.The barge right outside of Largo Sound. Its really cheap and on the way to some good dive sites, its quite roomy and plenty of fresh air, and you cant beat the view. Crashed there manny times. :D:D:D:D

Search Homestead, Fl. About 30 minutes from Key Largo. Just on the Island is Silent World. Easy to get to, great people, good boats, very reasonable prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom